General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Connecting Netgear FVS318 Prosafe to LAN locks up the device

by dmargetts ·

I recently tried to insert a netgear FVS318 between a WXP box and the LAN to which it was already connected and working. I gave the FVS318 the fixed IP number of the WXP box and put the WXP on a 192.168.0.x number – as with the trusted side of the FVS318. As soon as i connected the FVS318 to the LAN – it stopped responding – even to a ping form either side? Removing it from the LAN and rebooting fixed the problem until I reconnected it to the LAN. Any ideas what would lock up a Netgear device like this?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Welcome

by captbilly1eye ·

In reply to Connecting Netgear FVS318 Prosafe to LAN locks up the device

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, it is not likely to get the attention it deserves in the Discussion forum. Please re-post to the Questions forum by selecting the “Ask a Question” button. You may copy and paste your content to there.

Many do not read the Discussions forum and taking this step helps to insure that your Question gets the attention it deserves.
      Unfortunately, there is currently no way to delete the original post in the Discussions forum. That is understood by all. However, if you want, you can put a link in it to the new posting in the Questions Forum.

Please do not forget to rate answers that you find helpful as being so.

Good Luck!

Viewing 0 reply threads