I’ll appreciate if you can tell me how i can transform a PDF file to
    an Excel file.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Convert PDF file to EXCEL file

by jpt ·

In reply to Convert PDF file to EXCEL file

I’m quite sure if you can actually turn a PDF file into an excel document. I am sure that you can take a PDF file and copy it to the clipboard and paste it into Excel. What will happen is the PDF file will be inserted in Excel as an icon and when you double click on the icon the PDF document will open.

I hope this helps. Good Luck

by ububbaron ·

I have never heard of any type of conversion method for PDF to Excel. However, you may be able to do the next best thing by using the text select feature in Adobe Acrobat Reader and then pasting into Excel. I believe this feature became available with Acrobat Reader version 4.05. If you don’t have it, it is available from http://www.adobe.com

Once you have that version, you can open your PDF file, invoke the Text Select Tool by pressing the button on the tool bar that has a big “T” and a dashed box. Select the text, press Ctrl-C to copy. Then just go paste into your Excel document. It may not be very pretty depending on the format of the PDF. Also some PDF files don’t support the text select feature.

One last tip, if you are tryingto copy the entire PDF file, you don’t even need to use the Text Select Tool. Just open the PDF and press Ctrl-A (Select All), then Ctrl-C to copy.

Hope this helps…

by suzie_q ·

Copying PDF text and graphics to other applications
      Acrobat allows you to copy text and graphics from a PDF document and paste
      them into a file in another application. You can also paste text from a PDF
      document into an annotation or bookmark name. While in a PDF document, you select the text or graphic and copy it onto the
      clipboard. Once the text or graphic is on the clipboard, you can launch the
      other application and paste the text or graphic into a file. To select text and copy it to the clipboard:
      1 Select the text select tool, and do one of the following:
      To select a line of text, select the first letter of the sentence or phrase and
      drag to the last letter.
      To select multiple columns of text (horizontally), hold down Ctrl (Windows)
      or Option (Mac OS) as you drag across the width of the document.
      To select a column of text (vertically), hold down Ctrl+Alt (Windows) or
      Option+Command (Mac OS) as you drag the length of the document.
      To select all the text on the page,choose Edit > Select All. In Single Page
      mode, all the text on the current page is selected. In Continuous or Continuous
      – Facing mode, most of the text in the document is selected. When you release
      the mouse button, the selected text is highlighted. To deselect the text and
      start over, click anywhere outside the selected text.
      The Select All command will not select all the text in the document. A
      workaround for this (Windows) is to use the Edit > Copy File To Clipboard
      command.
      2 Choose Edit > Copy to copy the selected text to the Clipboard.
      3 To view the text, choose Window > Show Clipboard.

by suzie_q ·

To copy graphics to the Clipboard:
      1 Select the graphics select tool by holding down the mouse button
      on the text select tool and dragging to the graphics select tool. Or hold
      down Shift-V to cycle through the group of tools. The cursor changes to the
      cross-hair icon.
      2 Drag a rectangle around the graphic you want to copy. To deselect the
      graphic and start over, click anywhere outside the selected graphic.
      3 Choose Edit > Copy to copy the graphic to the Clipboard.
      4 To view the graphic, choose Window > Show Clipboard. The graphic is
      copied using the WMF (Windows) or PICT (Mac OS) format.

Open another application and past the graphic or picture into the application.

by m.w.ouattara ·

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Viewing 4 reply threads