General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

converting mac to pc

by jackherbes ·

I have a customer with MACs on a small ethernet network and we are converting to PCs. When I connect the PCs to the network can I read the MAC data. Also what prog is available to convert the MAC data to PC. The are running a windows
    emulator.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

converting mac to pc

by thechas ·

In reply to converting mac to pc

Are you trying to move files from the MACs to a PC?

To convert the files, the first issue is what application were they created with?

Do you have an application on the PCs that can import the same file format?

You may need to open the fileson a MAC, and use the save as function to save as a different format onto the network.

There are some bulk conversion applications. But, none that I am aware of are universal.

You need to specify the file types you need to convert if we are going to be able to suggest a program for your needs.

Chas

converting mac to pc

by vbrunet2000 ·

Like TheChas was writer, the file type is important. If you transfert Office file (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), JPG or Adobe files there is no need to convert those files. Just copy it on the PC and rename the file by adding the extension (.doc, .jpg, psd, …). If it’s not a program know on the Windows side you will need to convert it with a software in these case.

Vince

converting mac to pc

by curlergirl ·

For any files where you do need a conversion program, a good one is Conversions Plus from DataViz Corp – http://www.dataviz.com. It will convert not only PC to Mac and vice versa, but lots of other formats, such as between WordPerfect and Word, better than the native applications. Hope this helps!

converting mac to pc

by jackherbes ·

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Viewing 3 reply threads