General discussion

Copy VHS tapes with Dazzle Station 200

By fadbel ·
On my XP Pro system I've got Dazzle Creation Station 200. My primary need is to copy my VHS library to CD/RW or DVD/RW (I have bothe). I get nothing but colored garbage with ANY tape even though I've reduced ALL system to basic operation and minimumtasks. I have NVidia GeForce 4 64MB, Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz and 1GHz DDR ram. Manufacturer is stumped!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by claxtp In reply to Copy VHS tapes with Dazzl ...

Sounds like and issue with the capture device drivers and XP. When you state that the manufacture is stumped I'm assuming you mean Dazzle and not NVidia right?

If the video looks like it's scrambled with lines running digonally across the screen it's a sync problem normally caused by the scan rate being set wrong (like chosing PAL vice NTSC as an input). A big clue would be is the audio being recorded correctly?

Collapse -

by fadbel In reply to Copy VHS tapes with Dazzl ...

You are correct about it being Dazzle. However, I should be able to get something from the vcrs when connected with the analog jacks. The only time I can get anything in the MovieStar 5 program is when its connected through SVideo. And that's vertical garbage, like confetti. The sound does not come through either. The other programs in the package, DVD Complete and OnDVD should also give something on screen with the analog connections (rt/lft audio + video jacks) but nothing comes up. The programs DO detect the Dazzle station 200, but that's about all. I'm still stumped!

Collapse -

by fadbel In reply to Copy VHS tapes with Dazzl ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)