Question

Could I get help getting live/hotmail in Outlook 2003 without Connector?

By JADavis9 ·
Hi. Could someone help me get back to getting my live/hotmail using my Outlook 2003 by setting it up as a POP/SMTP email address without using Outlook Connector?
I have tried to get help at the following site, and my history of trials is listed there. But it just won't work for me. I am sure that this must work for many other people, but I can't make it work: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookacct/thread/0dd8d6c8-9280-4f2f-a4c7-5e366577d8cd/
I used to have it set up without Connector, but then I went through a disaster and needed to start over on Outlook and I haven't been able to get it working right for that email address. And I don't like having the seperate inbox for that address that Outlook Connector creates.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

17 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

It appears

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Could I get help getting ...

you need a Hotmail Plus account. Meaning, not the free account. Why don't you use the account provided by your ISP?

Collapse -

Is that how it works now?

by seanferd In reply to It appears

Yeesh.

I would have figured you could just enter the SMTP/POP3 info. Oh well.

Collapse -

I Googled.

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Is that how it works now?

Of the five articles I read, all of them specified that either Outlook Connect was necessary for free Hotmail accounts, or an upgrade to a paid, Hotmail Plus account was required for 'direct connection' with Outlook.

As an aside, I don't understand paying an ISP for service that includes a/several email account/s, then using Hotmail, or Yahoo, or G-mail. Use what you're already paying for... :0

Google is your friend, jadavis.

etu

Collapse -

Davette

by OH Smeg In reply to I Googled.

Maybe you use Hot Male because you don't want to list your ISP's Account which for most people isn't easily changeable where as Hot Mail Accounts can be dumped at the drop of a hat. Just a guess though.

However I must admit to preferring the ISP Account/s as they are just easier to use. I've been known to keep one ISP Account active just for E Mail but as it was cheap and they only offered Dial Up for a address that I had had for ages it was just easier till they shut up shop.

Just have to love M$ though they are never backward in coming forward to get money out of their users.

Col

Collapse -

Why would you want to bring

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Davette

your 'junk mail' account onto your computer?

Collapse -

HAL is odd, that way

by santeewelding In reply to Why would you want to bri ...

Odder, still, in other ways.

Collapse -

Oh,

by santeewelding In reply to HAL is odd, that way
Collapse -

OH Goody

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to HAL is odd, that way

A black Merc i just love those.

Best not let SWMBO see it though as I just told her I was going to restore a Gull Wing Merc and handed her a Cylinder Head Bolt then told her to get the rest of the parts so I could complete the car.

Col

Collapse -

Have you tried

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Could I get help getting ...

any of the answers given you at your link? How 'high', or 'strong' are your Hotmail junk filters?

Silly maybe, but it is Uncle Billy's Windows and they've been cracked for years.

etu

Back to Software Forum
17 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next

Software Forums