General discussion

"Cracking" encryption on files without the key

By commo_daddy ·
I work in a Automations office as an IMO, and my co-workers and I have run into quite a problem. One of the people we support in our office Encrypted tons of files (files that should have never been encrypted in the first place ie: non-sensitive power point slides, etc) and about a month ago got a virus on his computer. So, we took him off the network, and we are trying to copy his files over to a fresh hard drive, but the large files of encrypted information is un-moveable. Is there a way without a backup copy of the encryption key, to remove the encryption?

I have exhausted my resources on this one, and come to one finding of sending the information off to a third party company and paying them to do it. So there is a way..

Any information on this subject would be wonderful. My email is commo_daddy@hotmail.com

The files were encrypted on the NTFS file system.

Thanks alot!

Brian Gardner

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

you are not likely to get much help here

by Locrian_Lyric In reply to "Cracking" encryption on ...

Sorry, we get far too many script kiddies in here.

Collapse -

That and

by Tig2 In reply to you are not likely to get ...

We had a similar poster about a year ago- same kind of problem. As I recall, it was not possible to restore the files without paying a service to do it.

Sorry, but without the key, I think you're out of luck on this.

Collapse -

You might try reposting as a "Question"

by CharlieSpencer In reply to "Cracking" encryption on ...

instead of as a "Discussion". The "Questions" forum has a different cast of characters and one of them may be able to help.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Tigger. The last time this question came up the solution turned out to be a third party data recovery firm.

Collapse -

Message has been deleted.

by Big Ole Jack In reply to "Cracking" encryption on ...
Back to Malware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Security Forums