General discussion

CTRL+ALT+DEL Isn't Working in 2000 OS

By dgomez ·
CTRL+ALT+DEL is not working in Windows 2000 OS after initial login, it does work at login screen but after that to try and get to task manager it doesn't work. I have installed SP4 too this PC but I have also installed it on a number of other PC and I haven?t every had a problem that I know of. Does anybody have information on why the (CTRL+ALT+DEl) Function would stop working after initial login in Windows2000 OS? Please Help. Thank You so Much for any Help and God Bless!

Sincerely,

Daniel E. Gomez II
dgomez@calvaryslc.org

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Oz_Media In reply to CTRL+ALT+DEL Isn't Workin ...

That's a very common symptom of the Klez worms. If you haven't already done so, update your email scanner and scan the drive. You can get a very good AV scanner for free here.
AVG FREE EDITION: http://www.grisoft.com

You will probably find you have an infected taskmgr.exe file.

There are also free removals tools that will look fot Klez and remove it if needed.
Symantec's Klez tool: http://tinyurl.com/17a

To access your task manager in the future if Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't wotk, you can use:

>CTRL + SHIFT + ESC and the Task Manager will be launched.

>Just right click your windows toolbar and select Task Manager

Good luck

Collapse -

by Oz_Media In reply to

I should explain I mean you can RIGHT CLICK the Quick Launch (Lower) toolbar and not the Upper Explorer bar.

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to CTRL+ALT+DEL Isn't Workin ...

well I have information on why it might not work but that kinda depends on whether the W2K machine is on a network with Group Policy and Group Policy disables CTL+ALT+DEL for domain users.

After that, if said computer isn't on a domain network with group policy, Was it ever on one or used to log in on a network with group policy including remotely where group policy is applied to remote users.

Collapse -

by CptOmlly In reply to CTRL+ALT+DEL Isn't Workin ...

This doesn't really answer your question but, you can access the Task Manager directly by hitting CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)