Question

Dell Inspiron 1525 battery will not charge

By xplicit213 ·
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. Right now I am able to run the laptop off a/c power through the power adaptor. The battery will not charge at all. Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this? Should I invest in a new power adaptor?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Could be either a

by OH Smeg In reply to Dell Inspiron 1525 batter ...

Dead Battery that has ceased to work or the Mains Adapter is no longer putting out the Correct Voltage. To charge a Battery you need more Voltage than what the Battery produces so if the Mains Adapter has gone off slightly and is no longer producing the correct Voltage it may not charge the Battery though it can at the moment run the NB.

What you need to do here is test the Mains Adapter Output with a Digital Multi Meter set to tread DC Voltages then compare this reading to the Specifications shown on the Mains Adapter. If there is a marked difference of 2 V DC or over under the Specifications replace the Mains Adapter. But if the Mains Adapter is correct replace the Battery.

if the Battery still doesn't charge the M'Board in the NB has suffered some damage and needs replacing.

Col

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)