Question

Dell Inspiron e1505 Bios Password

By geekware ·
I purchased a dell Inpiron e1505 laptop with a bios password. I thought I would some how be able to get around the password, but as of yet nothing has worked. I tried the following.
1. Removed CMOS battery 30 min.
2. Overloaded Keyboard and mouse buffer.
3. typed in eight spaces and some other backdoor passwords.
4. Removed the harddrive to force it to boot from a live linux CD (it will not even do this)
5. Tried looking for the chip were the password is stored to short it. But i could not find the chip.

Every thing i have tried does absolutly no good. When i removed the CMOS battery it cleared the settings in CMOS, because now when i boot up it says invalid CMOS configuration before it gets to the password screen. I found out latter the password is stored on a non-volotile chip. If i overload the buffers it just shuts down. And you can use absolutly no software approach because it does not even attempt to boot from anything until it has the password. So it all needs to be done on the hardware or password level.

Do any of you know of any possible way to get around this.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

When all else fails

by mjd420nova In reply to Dell Inspiron e1505 Bios ...

Call Dell, be prepared to supply the serial number and if it hasn't been reported stolen they will help you get around the BIOS password.

Collapse -

TR members do not assist password recovery. Do not respond to this thread

by OH Smeg In reply to Dell Inspiron e1505 Bios ...

The members of TechRepublic - A Resource for IT Professionals, will not assist anyone in the recovery of lost passwords. You may have a legitimate reason to recover a password. However, we cannot verify your motives and will therefore not assist anyone in what may be an attempt at gaining unauthorized access to a computer system. Due to the open nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes. This is a risk that we the members of TechRepublic will not take. Please do not ask questions of this nature on TechRepublic.

If you have a legitimate need to circumvent a password scheme, please contact the vendor for the software / hardware and request their assistance. E.g. Windows XP password recovery issues should be taken up with Microsoft's technical support, Phoenix BIOS password recovery issues should be taken up with Phoenix Technologies, etc.. To those viewing this post: Please DO NOT respond any further to this thread.

This template has been released under the GNU public license and you are encouraged to use it as a standard reply for questions of similar nature, provided that you make any modifications available to other users.

You need to call Dell and inquire where their nearest Authorized Service Agent is than take it to them and they will clear the Password but they will also check to see if it has been reported as stolen and if it has they will contact the Authorities and Report the Claimed Owner as is their Legal Obligation.

Of course depending where you purchased this from you could return it to them for a fix or refund.

Col

Collapse -

unbootable E1505 inspiron

by gerryjet In reply to Dell Inspiron e1505 Bios ...

I have same problem can't boot anything nothing without password (what to do) computer protected by authentication system please type administrator password person I got computer from a Dr. said she had it in her garage for months forgot password

Back to Storage Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums