id="info"

Question

Dell XPS M1330, video card problem

By jpgarate ·
The past 2 weeks I've been having problems with the video card Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS, I've talked to Dell tech support and explained what is happening (color lines in my screen, rebooting unexpectedly, and not turning on or a black screen), they told me "the problem is with the software" following their instructions I saved all my files and reinstalled Win Vista Home Premium again and with the same results, I google this problem and I got some info, that explains, that this problem exist with this type of video card. My laptop is still under Complete Care Warranty. Any advise on how to approach Dell tech support so they replace the video card. I'll appreciate your advise. Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Well assuming that you used the Dell Recovery partition

by OH Smeg In reply to Dell XPS M1330, video car ...

And this didn't make a difference I would just ring Dell Support Line and tell them what you have done and why and that it has made no difference so you want them to fix it for you.

You'll need to Backup and Save all of your Data and Settings before sending the NB to Dell and make sure that if there is Important or Sensitive Data on this NB to erase it before sending in back to Dell to protect yourself if something goes missing.

There was talk of some NVidia Video Chip Sets having a Design Problem and NVidia was investigating the complaints several months ago. The trick with these Chip Sets is to keep them Cool so do not over run the Video here and you should have a Cool Pad under the NB like this one.

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NzE5

They do really help to make all NB last longer when you use one of these things.

Col

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Operating Systems Forums