Question

Does Exchange server 2007 32b work after the 120 trial license is expired?

By Podium78 ·
Hi all,
I have an old server which has windows 2003 server 32bit and an Exchange server 2007 32bit (trial/testing) , it was a side for few year and now I have to migrate our emails from an external hosting company to this server. I found the license but it is 64bit, which means we have to buy 64bit OS and reinstall everything again.
My question is: does Exchange server works after the 120 days are passed? Because now after I configured it I can send and receive emails internally and login to OWA internally but I can

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Just don't do it

by gechurch In reply to Does Exchange server 2007 ...

Microsoft are often pretty lenient in server software, and let you continue using it to give you time to get legit or migrate away to something different. I don't know what happens to the Exchange 2007 trial after 120 days, but it doesn't matter. You're using the software illegally by continuing to run the trial. No-one here can help you get around that. Either try to find a 32-bit copy (Trinity Software Distribution, of discount-licensing.com might be able to help), or more sensibly - see this as an opportunity to upgrade. Server 2003 is a decade old now, and the 4GB limit is very limiting for Exchange (I'm assuming you are running on half-decent hardware, with relatively new hard drives). Hardware is cheap, downtime and lost emails are not. Spend a little cash and do it properly. If management don't want to do that then look at Office 365 or Google. But don't spend your valuable time trying to get a trial of Exchange working illegally.

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums