General discussion

Drivers for HP CLJ 3500n for OS9.2.2....

By YetAnotherAdmin ·
...through Cisco Aeronet 1100.

I have a CLJ3500n on an ethernet network, I also have a Cisco Aeronet 1100 which provides access for 10 Ibooks. The Ibooks all have OS 9.2.2 and Airport 2.0.2 and connect through a closed network.

The problem is that the 3500n does not have any PPD files (that I can find). The supplied driver does not "see" the printer, although it can be seen through the laserwriter 8 driver.

If I could get my hands on a PPD file for the printer my life would be heaven. I could go back to good old IP printing. Does anyone know of a workaround, or fancy writing a PPD for me?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

14 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Drivers for HP CLJ 3500n ...

HP lists drivers for download for OS 8, 9, and X.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=315867&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=315862&submit.y=4&submit.x=8&lang=en&cc=us

Chas

Collapse -

by YetAnotherAdmin In reply to

Sorry, didn't help.

Collapse -

by YetAnotherAdmin In reply to Drivers for HP CLJ 3500n ...

I already have the driver, it's a PPD file I need, or a workaround.

Collapse -

by mikex In reply to Drivers for HP CLJ 3500n ...

try to select some other drivers from this page:

http://www.printer-drivers.com/companies/456.htm?acd=3&rvd=5&thx=9&bng=7&o=9

try with clj 3700 or 3700dn

Collapse -

Sorry, didn't help.

Collapse -

by razz2 In reply to Drivers for HP CLJ 3500n ...

I would try using a generic ppd and the laserwriter 8 driver. It should work fine.

razz

Collapse -

Sorry, didn't help.

Collapse -

by YetAnotherAdmin In reply to Drivers for HP CLJ 3500n ...

Unfortunately the generic PPD with laserwriter 8 results in 40 pages of nonsense. I'm expecting the same from the 3700 but haven't tried it yet.

Collapse -

by grandhighdruid In reply to Drivers for HP CLJ 3500n ...

This is for the person asking as well as everyone else: a PPD will HAVE to be written for this question, as there are no PPD's for this whole series of printers. The only ray of hope that I can find is something fairly old. The jist of it was that the only way they got their HP printer to work with their wireless equipment at all was to hardwire it to, in this case, their Airport hub. Also, they discussed using an HP wireless print server (HP part#C8938A), but they said that it would only work with a couple of deskjets but that HP was going to expand the capabilities. Of course, that was in 2001, so I'm sure that HP must have something newer, but I can't find it. Hope this helps!!!

Collapse -

Sorry, didn't help.... BUT, as it's the only correct answer on the page and I hate to see the points in limbo, you get them! You're welcome! Last I heard, shortly after posting this question was that HP were going to provide a PPD. Not sure if they have yet as I haven't checked because I don't need it anymore.

Back to Mac OS Forum
14 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next