Question

• Creator
    Topic

Duplicate reminders happening in Outlook 2010

by esheldon76 ·

I have a user who is receiving multiple reminders for appointments and I am at my wits end, as to what to do.

I have tried rebuilding his profile on his machine, I have done a repair on Office 2010, I have used the Outlook flags /cleanreminders and /cleansniff, and have made sure he only has one profile starting when Outlook starts. Any other ideas or thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by esheldon76 ·

In reply to Duplicate reminders happening in Outlook 2010

Clarifications

Duplicate Reminders

by jennylembert ·

Close Outlook and find your outlook.exe file. Right click and select send to desktop (create shortcut). Then find that newly created shortcut, Right click and choose properties. In the target section you will see the command in quotes that runs Outlook. Go to the end of that add a space then add “/cleanreminders” without the quotes and click the ok button.
      Start Outlook using that desktop shortcut and see if it helps.

Reponse To Answer

by esheldon76 ·

In reply to Duplicate Reminders

Jennylembert, thank you so much for your reply. Didn’t I basically do that with what I said in my initial post? Just curious how that differs?

Delegate…

by rob kuhn ·

Make sure this person is not a delgate for someone.

Check User’s Synching

by mijcar ·

Find out if this user is synching with other calendars. The iPhone calendar synching is a mess that produces numerous duplicates. Other synches that could be problematic would be with orgs like Linkin. Look at the add-in’s and see what’s there.

Michael

Viewing 3 reply threads