General discussion

Encoding Error on BJC-620

By rbonnett ·
I have recently had to clean my Head on my printer and discovered that there was a rubber stopper that sits below the head when it is in the parked postion, that was out of place and tried to put it in the proper position and it fell it to the very bottom of the machine and then i had to take the carriage out ot the way to retieve the rubber stopper and when i replaced every thing i keep recieving a Encoding Error Message. Before it was a Magnitic Head Error and i have had that one before and cleaned the head and had no problems after. Do you have any ideas on how to get rid of the encoding error? Before i get the error the carriage keeps going back and forth and doesn't try to clean the head and then parks it self about a head width away from the proper parking position. I would appreciate any in sight on this situation i can get. Thank you
Randy

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Encoding Error on BJC-620

Sounds like you have either a connector that is not seated properly.

Or, Ink on the circuit board.

Double check all connectors that plug into the circuit board. The tails from the ribbons can be trickey to hold in position, and close the latch tightly at the same time.

If the rubber stopper had ink on it, and that ink got onto the circuit board, it could create new circuit paths.

If you need to clean the circuit board, make sure that you are properly grounded.
Use 90% Isopropal alcahol as a cleaning agent.
Allow the borad to completly dry before re-connecting it.

Chas

Collapse -

by rbonnett In reply to Encoding Error on BJC-620

I have checked all the connections on the circut board and where the ink leaked into the printer was no where around the circuit board so there is no ink on the circuit board. Is there such a thing as a possible timing of the head crossing back and forth that i might have gotten off after taking it apart to retieve the stopper.

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Encoding Error on BJC-620

I don't have access to a 620 at the moment to check this, but here are a couple of ideas;

1. Inspect the print head drive belt.
Are there any holes in the belt?
Or, any sections of the belt that look like a magnet or other code is embedded?
If so, then the belt needs to be "aligned" to the proper position so that the printer knows when the print head is at the "home" position.

2. Examine the print head path.
Are there any optical or magnetic sensors that the print head carriage activates?
If optical, they may need to be cleaned.
If magnetic, the magnet may be out of place on the print head carriage.

3. There is an encoder either on the print head motor, or driven by the same belt.
It is possible that the encoder itself hasgone bad.

Chas

Collapse -

Thanks for your help on this TheChas. but i had decided to go on with another printer instead of doing much more to this one, I do believe you are right about the encoder going bad on it. Thanks again and I am sorry i didn't get this one rated for you sooner but i will try and rate it again. Thanks

Collapse -

I am sorry that i hadn't gotten back on this one Chas but i had checked everything you had listed and had decided to get another printer that there was a problem with the incoder it self and that doing anything about this would probably be a lot more costly then getting another printer. Thanks again for you responses on this i would have rated your awnsers but had trouble trying to do it so decided to just do this instead. Thank you very much for your input. Randy

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums