General discussion

Epson 6200L Laser Printer Network Issues

By Arogon ·
Hi all, my question is simple... What is with the new Epson 6200L printers with supporting netorks? At my company we have alwaysed used the small black and white laser printers ranging from the 5700 to the newly 6200 spec. It also seems that the newer they are the worser they are getting and slower.

The problem I am having with the 6200 is that we just cant get it to print fast on a network size of 50 PCs. Even on a small single PC and shared it takes around 30 secs for the printer start the job... Is there some special drivers out there that can fix these issues?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by grandhighdruid In reply to Epson 6200L Laser Printer ...

Personally, I would say that you're probably hosed. I was looking at the specs for this particular model at http://www.epson.co.uk/products/laser_printers/product_spec/EPL-6200L.htm, and it has a warmup time of 21 seconds (which it has to do first), and THEN it has a 12 second first page out time, for a total of 33 seconds. And I can guarantee there is no way to change that( it's one of those company secrets that they would have to kill you after they told you..ha ha) even if they could. The only option I can suggest is to turn off any powersaving functions to take away the need to have the printer warm up. Hope this helps!!

Back to Hardware Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)