General discussion

Eratic Behaviour from Win 2000 Server

By swaithe ·
Hi

I hope someone can help me.

I have three domains in my network environment - Network A, Network B and Network C. Two domains are running Windows 2000 Server and the last is Windows 2003 Server. Each domain has its own Domain Controller. Domain C has two domain controllers. DNS is running within each domain and the Dns server for each network is itself. Each domain communicates with the other via a trust relationship. There is one DHCP server in the network allocating IP addresses to the client machines running Windows XP.

My problem is as follows-
I have a 256/512Kbps wireless internet connection and I noticed that our internet bandwidth has reduced significantly over the last couple of days. I used Ethereal to pinpoint which machine was hogging the bandwith. It is one of the Domain Controllers in Network C.

I installed Microsft Antispyware to scan the machine for spyware but nothing was found. The Norton Virus defintions are up to date and it found no viruses when a scan was done. When I take this machine off the network the internet bandwidth returns to its normail behaviour. This machine is currently running Norton, Exchange 5.5 and Print services.

What should be my next course of action to rectify this problem. The task manager does not show any unregular behavour within the Processes nor Performance tab.

What could be causing my problem and what should I do to rectify the issue.

PLEASE HELP.

Regards

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)