General discussion

Error 1606

By wew926 ·
I have a windows 98SE based computer. After trying to install a registered program AutoCad 2002 from my H.D. (located in c:\AutoCad2002\AutoCad2002) I got an error message:
"Error 1606: could not access network location C:\AutoCad2002\AutoCad2002".Ever since then when trying to install the same program from the CDrom I get the same error message. I have a PC base not networked.
Question: where is the windows installer.exe, how can I edit it or delete/replace it or anything.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Error 1606

by Talli In reply to Error 1606

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q313928&ID=KB;EN-US;
The above link (u'll have to cut and paste it into your browser, or, alternatively, go to the MS KB page and search for article number Q313928) should help u resolve this problem. While the article in question talks about different program/s, the problem-error 1606 is the same, and the solutions, with the appropriate modifications of locations and program names, apply to your case as well.The jist of it is that u probably had a previous version of AutoCad on your system ,and it wasn't uninstalled properly (even if u followed the right procedure), and now u have to remove it's remainders to solve the problem. The article offers several ways to do it.
HTH
Good luck.
Talli

Collapse -

Error 1606

by wew926 In reply to Error 1606

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Error 1606

The answer was right on. I went to the M.S. location, downloaded the article and fixed the my problem, bam. No problem. This is the second time you guys have resolved my problem. I have told all of my friends that if there is a problem that we can answer to head straight to `TechRepublic'.

Thanks,

Ed

PS. I have submitted this response before. I guess it got lost in the mail.

Thanks again,

Ed

Collapse -

Error 1606

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Error 1606

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)