Discussions

Error saving MS Project file to Exchange Server running Windows Server 2003

+
0 Votes

Error saving MS Project file to Exchange Server running Windows Server 2003

bnfarthing
The message is the following:
The file "" cannot be opened.
Check that the file name and path are correct.
Check that the file format is recognized by Project.
Projct Files saveed in a version earlier than Microsoft Project 98 can't be opened.
If your file is from an earlier version, open it in that version, click Save as (File menu), and save in MPX format. Open the MPX file in the current version of Project. When you use this method, project dat is imported, but formatting is lost.

This file was newly created in Project 2003 workstation version. The files will save locally on the pc. The files will also save to two other servers that I have (one is Server 2000 and the other one is Server 2003). The only difference I can find is the location where we need to save the files on is running Exchange. I placed a call to Microsoft and they have not be able to solve this problem. They said that I am out of luck, but they will not charge me for the call. Anybody have this problem besides me.
I tried everything. I purchase a new copy of Project 2003 on CD, ran updates, etc. Sometimes it is a problem when you save the file as a different name and then try to re-save.

I have read newsgroup after newsgroup and I know that alot of other people have this same problem.
  • +
    0 Votes
    deepsand

The "Discussion" forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution.

Post problems such as this to the "Question" forum, rather than the "Discussion" forum. There are those who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution, and that's where they go to look for such.

Furthermore, the "Questions" forum provides for your rating Helpful responses as such, so that others, with the same or a similar problem, might be able to find aid without having to necessarily begin a new Question.

+
    0 Votes
    mt151

I also receive the same error message when attempting to open the practice files that came with the book.(Microsoft office project, Step-by-Step) I also contacted Microsoft, who sent me a new CD to try and remidy the problem. The new CD failed as well. Has anyone been successful in figuring this out???

• +
    0 Votes
    deepsand

The "Discussion" forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution.

Post problems such as this to the "Question" forum, rather than the "Discussion" forum. There are those who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution, and that's where they go to look for such.

Furthermore, the "Questions" forum provides for your rating Helpful responses as such, so that others, with the same or a similar problem, might be able to find aid without having to necessarily begin a new Question.

+
    0 Votes
    mt151

I also receive the same error message when attempting to open the practice files that came with the book.(Microsoft office project, Step-by-Step) I also contacted Microsoft, who sent me a new CD to try and remidy the problem. The new CD failed as well. Has anyone been successful in figuring this out???