General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Event ID list

by beachboy11 ·

I have run into a situation three time in the last month, and need to see if any of you guys may have something for me.
    I have been to three site where they are secure sites, so only have an Intranet. In all three case, when I went to troubleshoot the software problems, I went to use the Event Viewer, and found some errors. But not having the Internet on any of the sites, I couldn’t find an Event error explanation without the Internet.
    I know you can right click the Event and check the properties on it, but I needed the solution to it.
    I have searched the Web and found this question by several others, but is there any place that has an Event ID list at all?? I found some that had 10-20 listed, which will help some, but I’de like to have a list of all the Events with explanations with them. Thanks guys.
    Most computers were XP Pro and Server 2003.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Start with the MS Knowledge Base

by tig2 ·

In reply to Event ID list

I have seen a few but never a full listing of events correlated to specific error. Try the knowledge base and also try googling your event IDs.

Incidentally, your problems will get greater visibility if you post them as questions instead of discussions. From the questions forum, you can also let us know if we have been helpful.

Good luck!

Try eventid.net

by kansaigirl ·

In reply to Event ID list

It’s not a list, but it offers a lot of information about all kinds of event IDs, not just MS event IDs, IIRC.

HTH and happy hunting

The Bombdiggity

by jpenrose ·

In reply to Try eventid.net

That about describes the EventID.net website.

I’m there 2-3 times per week looking up info on various events.

This site is a must have bookmark.

-J-

Viewing 1 reply thread