General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Example of Why I hate PC World Business

by nick_shortal ·

Good Afternoon

Thank you for you email, We do apologise for the delay in receiving this response.

Please can you provide either your Sales Order number or alternatively your account number as we are having trouble finding you order.

Kindest Regards
    Customer Services

—–Original Message—–
    Sent: 17 September 2008 11:55
    To: Customer Services – PC World Business
    Subject: PCWB.com – Other

PCWB.com Customer Contact

Name : (Name Withheld)
    email : (Name Withheld)

I have been working in the UK for 5 years as an IT admin for (Name Withheld). During this time I have had various dealings with PC World with mixed levels of service.

The majority of our equipment has been purchased over the years with 3 year Support agreements typically with the manufacturer. Recently we purchased a HP LaserJet 2420 from PC World Business with a 3 year care pack.

I did not know at the time but this care pack was not directly with HP.

Recently the tray 2 feed roller arm (that hold the roller in place) was broken, and I contacted to request to have this repaired.

The support details I had for this was a Support reference of: ********, with the telephone number: **** **** ****.

I have made now three separate calls to this number and understand this is taken care of by a third party contractor(Name Withheld)

I was told on the 1st call that a third party company would contact me in order to have the fault rectified. 3 days later and with no call, I called a 2nd time.

Each time I have called it has been a struggle for the support agents to obtain the details of the support contract for our site at (Name Withheld). Each time I provided our post code and address which never yields any information. It is only when I quote the Support reference of: ********, that our details can be found.

On my second call I requested the agent update this information so that it is linked to our post code.

However today on my third call the support agent I spoke with could not locate my information again, despite Providing the Post code (Name Withheld), address (Name Withheld)and company name (Name Withheld).

Eventually the agent provided me (Name Withheld)contact details as **** **** **** and number which has an automated voice that advises that the number has changed to **** **** ****.

Contacting them I was advised that the part was on order and that it would not arrive to them until the 23rd of September.

From the initial call in early September I can’t imagine the time it is taking to have this fault rectified. I have never had such a delay in having a printer repaired with HP care packs.

IT has certainly made me very skeptical of purchasing a support agreement for future equipment with PC World.

I would apprecate you getting in contact to look at having this printing fault resolved and having our cutomer details corrected so the support staff can find us when we call.

Regards,

(Name Withheld)

All Comments

• Author
    Replies
Viewing 0 reply threads