Discussions

Excel Data Validation

+
0 Votes

Excel Data Validation

David.Jackson
I have been trying to set up Excel cell data validation with drop down lists from VBA Behind an Access application. I can do it with reference to a simple (named or otherwise) range defining a list, but not with a validation formula containing functions like OFFSET.

I have also tried copying the cell validation, but it only seems possible in the same workbook.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can set up a drop down lists in cells from Access VBA?
  • +
    0 Votes
    dorothy.nishimoto

Hello David. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution. I just have a question. I've been trying to do this myself and was wondering if you would be so kind as to share your code on how you actually got your data validation to work in Excel via Access. I don't need the complexity that you need. I just need to get the list to reference two cells in Excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dorothy

• +
    0 Votes
    dorothy.nishimoto

Hello David. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution. I just have a question. I've been trying to do this myself and was wondering if you would be so kind as to share your code on how you actually got your data validation to work in Excel via Access. I don't need the complexity that you need. I just need to get the list to reference two cells in Excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dorothy