General discussion

Exchange 2000

By adunbar ·
I setup Exchange 2000 RC2 on Windows 2000 Adv. Server and I'm experiencing some weird problems.

I created a user using ADC (Active Directory for Computers & Users) and I enabled the account to be mail enabled.

I'm having the folowing problems:

1. I can't see my user in the default receipients container, nor can I see the user in any of the default address list.

2. When I use the Exchange Administrator to browse to the server the following error message is returned "a connectioncould not be made to the server." Even though the server is located locally on that server.

3. Even though the client can resolve the mailbox name from the server. The client can't download the mail from the server. In other words, I can see the mail being retrieved on the server, but the client can't connect to server.

I'm sure there is a very easy fix to this problem, but I'm very new ADC and Exchange 2000.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Exchange 2000

by yorkster In reply to Exchange 2000

Check to see if your running the SMTP service for Windows 2000 if you are remove it and then reinstall exchange. the native SMTP service is not compatable with exchange 2000.
hope this helps

Collapse -

Exchange 2000

by adunbar In reply to Exchange 2000

I didn't have SMTP installed.

Note** This is not an upgrade installation

Collapse -

Exchange 2000

by adunbar In reply to Exchange 2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)