General discussion

Exchange 2003 database maintenance

By Zemi ·
Is there a log that will tell me when the maintenance completed and what tasks got accomplished? I scheduled database maintenance to run from 2am to 6am but how do I know if it actually ran?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to Exchange 2003 database ma ...

You can set the logging levels either in the registry or through the Exchange System Manager interface - it's easier through the System Manager. In Exchange System Manager, go to the server name, right-click and select properties. The Diagnostics Logging tab allows you to set logging levels for the various Exchange services. IIRC, if you set the logging level for the General and Background Cleanup types on the Public and Private info stores at least to Minimum, I believe that will get you basic confirmation of database maintenance when it runs. Setting it to higher levels may get more details, but I don't usually use the higher levels. You can experiment to see what you get and how much detail you want.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -

Check event Logs

by chetanmayekar In reply to Exchange 2003 database ma ...

You can check EVent logs 1221 on your Exchange servers. you will get the whitespace created after running maintaince .

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)