General discussion

Exchange 2003 Multiple Domains

By ehoffman ·
I have an exchange domain that accepts emails from 3 different internet domains. One person has one email address for each. When they reply, it doesn't matter what account it sent to, it replies from the primary account. How can I set Exchange or Outlook (2003) to reply using the originating recipient address, not the primary default address?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TechKid In reply to Exchange 2003 Multiple Do ...

This is done using Outlook.

Click Reply>select "Options">select From> select the correct address

Collapse -

by ehoffman In reply to

I did that, no option for from, unlike if you had multiple POP3 accounts. Again, this is Outlook 2003 integrated with Exchange 2003.

Collapse -

by Skidoggeruk In reply to Exchange 2003 Multiple Do ...

From my experience of Exchange 5.5, I recall primary "Reply" address is set within the postbox settings on the server itself. (Think it was under the Email addresses tab) I remember that I could only ever set 1 SMTP reply address and getting occasional complaints when I got this wrong. Have a look in the postbox settings on your server.

Good Luck

Good Luck

Collapse -

by brasslet In reply to Exchange 2003 Multiple Do ...

Answer #2 is correct. You have only one primary SMTP address, and this address is always used as the reply-to address.

The only way around this would be to create separate mailboxes for each mail address. Create an account that uses the desired address for its mailbox, grant your user permissions to the newly created mailbox, and then disable the account you used to "own" the mailbox. Your user can then open the mailbox and reply-to will use the primary adddress you assigned.

Collapse -

by Victor Ivanidze In reply to Exchange 2003 Multiple Do ...

Take a look at ChooseFrom application here:
http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml
It could help to solve the problem.

Collapse -

by Victor Ivanidze In reply to Exchange 2003 Multiple Do ...

Take a look at this third-party utility:
http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml

Regards,
Victor

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)