General discussion

Exchange 2003 Validation Errors

By Matt_S ·
Installing a Exchange2k3/win2k server into an existing Exchange5.5/win2k organization. Both servers are domain controllers.

Using the ExDeploy tools, at the very end of the install when you run the Validations tools. The ConfigDSInteg tool gives the following 2 errors in the e2kdsinteg.log.

The system attendant contains no home-mdb(homeMdb)
The system attendant contains no home-mta(homeMta)

ADC is setup and both servers are synchronized. Everything seems to be working fine. No errors in the event logs. I have even successfully moved a mailbox. I'm hesistant move on until I can resolve these errors.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Exchange 2003 Validation ...

You did run forest and domain prep correct for both AD and Exchange? Are these servers all within the same AD forests?

Just as a check look at 325379 are re-verify all the steps where followed.

Just as an additional late night thought, run the DS/IS consistency adjuster to re-create the directory service object for the mailboxes in the store, this sets the HOME-MDB attribute on all public folders in the hierarchy (replicas or not) to this server . In addition, it strips the public folder ACLs of any invalid entries (that is, users who do not exist in the current directory).
If you do this and then re-create a replication connector into the organization, there will be a conflict. The new server will probably win the conflict because it has newer changes to the public folder property. Accordingly, the public folder will be homed on the new server, and the new server's ACL will most likely be the ACL that is kept.
This will result in lost permissions for some users.

Collapse -

by Matt_S In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by brasslet In reply to Exchange 2003 Validation ...

Did you just install it and then run the tool? There can be some delay between when Exchange is installed and when the data is completely updated
in the active directory.

Collapse -

by Matt_S In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Matt_S In reply to Exchange 2003 Validation ...

Thank you for the replies. I have solved my own problem.

It wasn't the "system attendant" at all. It was GroupShield.

My exact error:

DN = CN=NAISAdm5,CN=EXCHANGE,CN=Servers,CN=SW,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CFFresh,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=cffresh,DC=com
object-class = top$exchangeadminservice
The system attendant contains no home-mdb (homeMdb)
The system attendant contains no home-mta (homeMta)

NAISAdm5 is groupsheild. Using ADSIedit, I checked the homeMTA and homeMdb settings, and both were indeed blank. I added the homeMta and homeMdb strings and the homeMTA dropped off. The homeMdb error did not go away, but I'm certain I can run that problem down now that I'm on the right track.

Collapse -

by Matt_S In reply to Exchange 2003 Validation ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)