General discussion

Locked

Exchange server database corruption

By jz_nj ·
Hello,

Our exchange server got the following application event log:

Source: ESE
Category: Database Corruption
Type: Error
EventI 447
User: N/A
Computer: VOYAGER

Description:
Information Store (2624) A bad page link (error -33 has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 2283, PgnoRoot: 21359 of database E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb (3253654 => 3304833, 3253654).

Right we can still send plain text email using OUTLOOK, but attachments can't be sent, OUTLOOK will say "The operation failed".

The interesting thing is, attachments can be sent and received without problems if using web access: http://ip/exchange, instead of OUTLOOK.

Any input would be appreciated. Already stuck here for 4 days. Reboot didn't solve the problem, by the way.

Thanks!
max

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Exchange server database ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810190/

What the article suggests is that you restore from a backup prior to the problem. There are other methods to possibly fix the problem however restoring from a backup is what microsoft recommends.

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to

the KB 810190 is for event 447 logged in the event viewer for Exchange.

Collapse -

by jz_nj In reply to Exchange server database ...

Ok. Restore works. We had a Symantec backup for D and E drives 3 weeks ago. I used ExMerge to export the emails for all users during those 3 weeks and then restored both drives. After restore is done, merge the exported .pst files to every user's mailbox. This way, only a few email with attachments were lost. Everything is back to normal now.

The trick is, we not only need to restore E drive which contains priv1.edb, but need to restore D drive which contains transcation logs. Both need to be consistent with each other.

Using eseutil might damage the whole page and make it unusable any more, if it's attachment table, then it's not accessible any more, even if using web access. So I didn't take the risk. Restoration is the best way.

Thanks for reply.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Discussions

Related Forums