General discussion

extract emails out of outlook 2000

By NetWk_Pauli ·
Can anyone tell me how to extract emails (mass amounts)in order to be saved to another location OUTSIDE of Outlook & Exchange? Everytime I try, it only gives me the tree w/in the application to copy or move to. My setup is windows 2000, microsoft exchange 2000

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

hm

by Cactus Pete In reply to extract emails out of out ...

can you drag the messages to the hard drive?

Collapse -

dragging to the hard drive

by NetWk_Pauli In reply to hm

yes, that worked. I can't believe it was that simple. I have dug for weeks-months, consulted Microsoft, etc, and the answer was that simple. thank you. Pauli
PS sorry for the delay in responding

Collapse -

Export tp *.pst file

by gary.cole In reply to extract emails out of out ...

Try clicking on file then Import and Export. Choose Export to a File , then choose Personal File Folder (.pst). Select the folder you want to export and the location.

This will create a pst file which can then be copied anywhere you want.

Hopethis helps.

Collapse -

Several Methods...

by JackOfAllTech In reply to extract emails out of out ...

There are several methods you could use to do this. The easiest would be to create a Personal folder and just move everything desired to that.

Another way would be to code a VBA module to open each msg in the current (or specified) folder and save as text or RTF to the H/D.

If all the msgs are in the Inbox, the VB code could be much simpler and simply create a rule that calls it.

Give us some more details and we can give you better answers.

Ralph

Collapse -

vba code

by NetWk_Pauli In reply to Several Methods...

that is a great idea. for the time being as a quick fix, I will use the KISS. Then when some of my projects are done, I will pursue this method. thank you very much. Pauli

Collapse -

Export contents of a folder

by curlergirl In reply to extract emails out of out ...

Within Outlook, you can export the contents of the Inbox folder to a number of different formats - just select File/Import and Export/Export to a file and then select your format. If you are going to re-import to Outlook, a *.pst file is the best choice. If you want to be able to use the information in other programs, you can export to a .csv or .txt file.

Back to IT Employment Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)