Question

Find or set Public IP address in DI 624 wireless router

By res0q2iii ·
Hi all, My question is if the DI 624 D-link wireless router has a public IP or does it need to set up one. I'm trying to get in my network at my home computer which is running win2k from a different location using a remote application. How do I set it up or where can I find it? Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Public IP

by seanferd In reply to Find or set Public IP add ...

Should be right in your router's setup pages.
You can also click this link: <br>
http://www.dslreports.com/whois

Collapse -

Thanks for the input

by res0q2iii In reply to Public IP

I guess I should say that I'm trying to remotely access my pc at home or network when i'm in another network or location. I'm using pcanywhere to make this work, but unfortunetly I'm doing something wrong on my set up. In my home office I'm running Win2K. I have a westell 1600 modem DSL connected to a DI 624 D-link router. I have set up the virtual ports in the D-link and also I have turned off the DCHP in the westell modem. I'm not sure which IP do I use in the remote setting for the PCanywhere application. I might just be doing this wrong. Any suggestions. thanks

Collapse -

The best way

by tintoman In reply to Find or set Public IP add ...

I have found to do this is to use WinVNC server on your home computer, but if you have a dynamic IP address ie one that changes frequently, you will need to open an account with someone like DYNDNS to get a static hostname associated with your IP address, that way you can type in the host name to your vnc viewer or even remote desktop and away you go.
I make it sound simple, it isn't unless you know what you are doing, it is fairly complicated to set up but if you understood anything I said ask for more help by all means

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums