General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Flight Simulator 2002 Problem

by spider-man ·

I’ve set up a computer for a friend and this person wants to play a rather graphics heavy game. He had problems with the computer initially and the graphics for the game (MS Flight Simulator 2002) were terrible. He kept getting a message that hardware acceleration wasn’t on. So I upgraded the original video card to a 16 MB card with hardware acceleration and the correct drivers. But even with that, we kept getting the same message, that the program is running in “safe mode” because hardware acceleration was turned off. I checked the hardware acceleration part of the video card’s properties box, and it’s set to full.

What could be causing this problem? This is actually the third video card I’ve tried in that machine and we keep getting the same error message. This is the system that he has:

A Seanix PII 333 MHz with 192 MB RAM. I was wondering if the BIOS for that machine is too old, it’s listed with a date of 1996, but the board has an AGP slot and I’ve upgraded DirectX to thecurrent 8.1 and the drivers are the correct drivers for his operating system (Win 2K Pro).

I thought I had heard this particular game had a glitch but not 100% sure on that.

Any ideas?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by swat3commander ·

In reply to Flight Simulator 2002 Problem

Hey dude rememebr me from msn flight site I’m the id of F.B.I Swat Leader long time no see ehh.

To your question I wonder if you have your display settings on 16 bit, and have the right display name for the driver.

If you click on advanced and go to color management and click on add and then you see a window open and the icons in dark gray.
      Right click on each and go to install profile after your done add each of the file names to your color management profile list.

This might not have helped you but give it a try if you don’t mine dude.

by spider-man ·

Sorry, your friend and I must have the same ID, but I’ve never been to the MSN Flight Site. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. It turned out that after all of that, doing a “fresh install” did the trick. I ran scan disk, disk cleanup and defrag, then reinstalled it and it works now.

Again, thanks for the response.

by spider-man ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 1 reply thread