General discussion

Locked

For Joseph Moore

By Ann777 ·
http://www.techrepublic.com/forumqa/thread_detail.jhtml?thread_id=106148

Per the above link... it does not seem like you should have gotten the 1500 points here.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

For Joseph Moore

by Joseph Moore In reply to For Joseph Moore

We all have had answers rejected accidentally. That is part of the gamble, I guess. You don't always get points. Countless times I have seen people reject my answers, but they fill in the comments like "you're answer really helped me out! Thanks!"Personally, I have a 52% accepted average. The remaining 48% is either rejected or just plain not answered.
If you are really worried, you can try contacting the question poster.

Collapse -

For Joseph Moore

by Joseph Moore In reply to For Joseph Moore

Actually, my good percentage is at 46%. I had the numbers backwards!
:-)

Collapse -

For Joseph Moore

by Ann777 In reply to For Joseph Moore

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

For Joseph Moore

by maxwell edison In reply to For Joseph Moore

I realize that you didn't intend for this question for anyone but Joseph, but when you post on an open forum, you never know what kind of replies you might get. That's the risk you run.

With all due respect, what exactly do you expect him to do, open a question just to give you 1500 points? Actually, he'd have to give you 3000 to make up for what he was mistakenly (as you suggested) awarded. (As it related to the points that separate you.) We've all been jilted in one way or the other when it comes to assigning these points. But in the end, it all averages out, don't you think?

What the heck are you going to use them for anyway? You’ve never asked a question (except this one). The only thing the points are good for is to give them away - assign a boatload of them to your own questions so they get maximum exposure. I've given away over 150,000 resulting in hundreds of replies. And if I ever run out of points to assign, they’re easy enough to get back.

If your primary motivation for accumulating points is to ascend up the list of the top 5 scorers, then I think you're missing something. And after all, "Joseph" getting points by an apparently honest oversight by some unrelated third party is better than a certain other "Joe" getting them and passing them along to "whomever" in clandestine point gathering missions, don't you agree?

You provide a lot of great answers, helping a lot of people. If it's the top of the list you're trying to make, just give itsome time. Just like Paul Wright quit answering questions, so will I. Dklippert will pass me up in a short amount of time, and others will as well. Heck, I've even given points to Dklippert (and you). And, believe me, just because you have the most"points" it doesn't mean you have the most knowledge. The technical knowledge I have, for example, pales in comparison to what a lot of these folks know.

Regards,

Maxwell

Collapse -

For Joseph Moore

by maxwell edison In reply to For Joseph Moore

By the way, why don't you assign about 15,000 more points to this question, get it to the top of the question list, and see what others think?

Collapse -

For Joseph Moore

by Ann777 In reply to For Joseph Moore

I don't really care about the points. I don't really care what other people think. I know that the points mean nothing... I do this because there's time and I get a certain bit of learning in the process as well.

I know that I lack knowledge in many many areas of technology.

What I expected from posting this comment? I don't really know. Some people would correct a mistake if given an opportunity... some won't. That's okay. That's fine. It's not my problem.

Collapse -

For Joseph Moore

by Ann777 In reply to For Joseph Moore

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Operating Systems Forums