Discussions

For the 1000th time, MCSE or MCITP

+
0 Votes

For the 1000th time, MCSE or MCITP

guy_r
Hi Folks,

I know it's asked often but I'm still undecided. I'm a sys admin/analyst been working with Windows servers for 10 years. Currently, I administer 25 Windows 2003 servers on a Windows 2008 domain that I upgraded from a 2000 domain last year.

I have 20 years IT experience, MCSE with NT, and a masters degree in Info Systems.

In your opinon, to make the resume shine, do I need to get MCSE 2003 or since I'm already working with 2008 just forge ahead with MCITP?

I guess the easy question is, has the MCITP been well recognized yet or are most employers/HR depts still expecting MCSE?
Thanks.
+
0 Votes
TheProfessorDan

Though I do agree because of the constant barage of advertising touting the value of an MCSE, the obvious choice would be the MCSe. But I just looked up the MCITP and to be honest, that is a pretty impressive certification. I like the fact that it appears to be very specific in the sense that you can get different certifications depending on your area of expertise.

+
0 Votes
jpmyers15

I've been doing some research on this as well. Basically, the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator replaces the MCSE. You're definitely better off getting the MCITP in the long run because the MCSE may "expire" any day now. I am leaning toward that one too