General discussion

FrontPage2000 Password Page..??

By DS9 ·
I'm looking for a way to create a password page in FrontPage2000. That is, I DO NOT want to password protect a folder. I DO NOT want to password protect a file. I DO want to password protect a single html page in a FrontPage web site. A scheme totally 100% Operating System independent, and I prefer that it be HTML coding.

We want to protect eBooks on our system from download until the client has PAID for it. Then, we send him the password for that particular book by eMail. He then can accessthe book, read it on line, or download it. We DO NOT want our web site to be operating system dependent.

Looking for something like a script that is an "If password is correct goto page xxx01.htm", "If password not correct goto page xxx02.htm". Sort of a True/False condition.

However, I'm not up to learning VB or any other scripting language at the present time, only making money from eBook sales.

Any ideas out there.???

Regards
George

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sdbytnar In reply to FrontPage2000 Password Pa ...

The best solution is probably to develop a database that stores customer account info with a password. When they want to look at a book they enter their info and your page compares that info to what is in the database. If they match, the user getsin.

Sean

Collapse -

by DS9 In reply to FrontPage2000 Password Pa ...

Sean, I think you missed my point. There will be NO user account set up. The password does not go to a customer/client account, it goes with the book, and all who purchase the book will get the same password to download it. When the customer accesses our web site to download the book, he/she goes directly to the book which was purchased, enters the books password and is then directed to the download page for that book. The password will changed on the book periodically.

George

Collapse -

by Tim Parkins In reply to FrontPage2000 Password Pa ...

Hi George,

I agree with above, as there is one flaw with your logic. What's to stop me from buying the book and then passing the password on to a couple hundred of my closest friends?

I think you may be wise to reconsider the way this is beingdeveloped....

Best of luck!!

Collapse -

Tim, thanks for the comment, it looks like I really did not explain things correctly. All the "Per Pay" type eBooks have their own "Key" to unlock the book after it is downloaded. Once the book is unlocked on the users computer, it reconfigures the "Key" (128 but encyrption (sp). You can copy the book and give it away, but now it will not open because th new "Key" is related to the computer serial number that first opened it.

Tim, I'm going to close this question, and open a new one (same number of points), in about 15 minutes. Maybe I can be more explicit about what I'm really looking for.

George

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)