General discussion

Fujitsu Point 1600

By zlitocook ·
I have a small company with 10 of these hand held units. I have hit a brick wall with Fujitsu about information on them. They need to have Win98 on them but I have no documentation or hardware guides for them. I have searched for hours and used Ebay to look for ideas, there is alot of people selling all the parts but no documentation. I need to format, load Win98 and the touch screen soft ware.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Fujitsu Point 1600

From the Fujitsu FAQ for the 1600:

"How do I install software on a Fujitsu pen tablet?
There are many ways to install software on Fujitsu pen tablets:

You can connect a floppy disk drive to the pen tablet. A Portable Port Expander or Port Replicator or Mini-Dock may be required to connect a floppy disk drive to some systems.
You can copy the installation files to a PCMCIA hard disk drive and then install the software from the hard drive.
You can install the software using a CD-ROM drive connected to the parallel port or the PC Card slot.
You can use a PCMCIA network adapter and install the software from another computer on your network."

I found this here:

http://tinyurl.com/t3jk

There are user manuals, specifications, and drivers available.

It looks like you want the floppy drive, and a PCMCIA CD-ROM drive.

If the hard drive is removable, you may be able to use a standard 2.5" to 3.5" drive adapter, and create an image to copy onto each drive.

Chas

Collapse -

by zlitocook In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by zlitocook In reply to Fujitsu Point 1600

I have tried Thechas links but I still can not use the Fujitsu site. All I get is blank areas in the select product, serial number ect. I have registertered with them with no help. I did find a number of back doors into their site but all of the old software is gone.

Collapse -

I have talked with the support people at Fujitsu about this product and all they say is to send it to them and I will pay $150.00 to reimage them. There is no documentation on older products. The hospital I work for will buy new and less costly PDAs. And I will have fun with the left overs:)

Collapse -

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

I am looking for any info, manuals, specs, and external parts ie floppys, cdroms and any thing else that works with this unit! I will pay or trade for them.

Collapse -

I have a laptop to pc hard drive connector, but the Fujitsu HD has a small (like a scsi) connector and will not work. The same for the floppy, it is smaller then an IBM external. I can not find an external PCMCIA harddrive with the right connections for this device. And the support site for Fujitsu is still not working.

Collapse -

I have set these units aside while I work on other things. I would love to hear from other members who have, or worked with these units.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)