Discussions

Ghost 2003, DOS and USB Drivers

+
0 Votes

Ghost 2003, DOS and USB Drivers

bmadams
OK, I'm old school. I have been using Ghost 2003 for some time to image Hard Drives. I 'feel' so much more secure creating an image while in DOS mode vs using Image software that Images from in Windows.

Now that USB drives can be most any size, I want to boot Ghost (DOS) and backup to one of these USB Drives. Problem is that USB drivers do not install.

Anybody out there doing this and can help, please!

ps It has to be a bootable CD....few PCs have floppys anymore.

Much Thanks,
Brian
  • +
    0 Votes
    computerd}}

Let me get this straight, you want to boot with a USB that has Ghost on it? Make sure you set your BIOS to find your USB and set your first boot to boot to a removable drive. Or you can just buy an external floppy that hooks up to a USB slot.

+
    0 Votes
    bmadams

Thanks for asking, I want to boot from the Ghost CD, into DOS, start Ghost with USB drivers so I can copy to a USB Hard Drive.

When I do see the USB drive, it backups up to it dog slow....

+
    0 Votes
    NickNielsen Moderator

If your data transfer is that slow, it sounds like something is running at the USB 1.1 transfer rate (11Mbps) and not the USB 2.0 transfer rate (480Mbps).

As for drivers, I believe the ultimate boot CD (http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/) has USB drivers on it.

+
    0 Votes
    bmadams

Thanks,
    I was thinking the same thing about the USB1.1 vs USB 2 speed. I will try the UBCD. I did try a BART PE boot CD, but then Ghost would not run because it needed DOS.

+
    0 Votes
    jose.medeiros

You are right, Ghost.exe is 16 bit and it will not run, however Ghost32.exe will run and is available wit the Corporate Edition of Ghost from Symantec.

Jose

+
    0 Votes
    Matt H

I want to do the same thing - External USB DVD-RW for writing Ghost images to - saves having to rip the PC appart to attach an IDE DVD-RW which I used to do. Does Ghost 2003 support DVDs or just CDs? Imaging industrial PCs for DR purposes.

+
    0 Votes
    bmadams

Matt,
    I have tried using Ghost 2003 to create/burn image to a USB Ext. DVD.
    -I never could get it to see the DVD Burner after booting into DOS to create the image.

-It may work if you have Ghost installed and start the process from withing Windows. But I need anything I do to be able be accomplished from booting from the CD, without Windows installed. For 2 reasons:
    1) Backing up: I have more confidence in an image create from a Dos type environment
    2) Restore: I do not want to have to Install Windows and then a backup program before I can restore a system.

Hope this helps

+
    0 Votes
    bmadams

Concerning backing up to a HD vs DVD;
    I visit other locations to perform backups. Direct to DVD is much slower and has to be monitored to switch disks. So I back up to HD and then burn to DVD at my home at me conveinance.

+
    0 Votes
    ed

For Ghost USB 2.0 drivers to work your USB 2.0 controller needs to be an NEC chipset. Another option is to make a customized boot floppy with the Panasonic Universal USB 2.0 driver. You can find information for both of these items on Google.

-Henry

+
    0 Votes
    chentex

I got a solution for your question. I have an external plug and play MP3 player (that works like an external HD), thing is that I booted from Hirens V 7.8 all in one CD and selected the option that says Disk clone tools, Norton Ghost 8.2, Ghost with USB support then select the option 1 that will load the Panasonic USB drivers, so you will be able to see your external USB HD (including plug and plays MP3 players).

..I selected the option that says USB 1.1 (the tranfer rate using 1.1 was very good...) I had difficulties using the drivers for USB 2.0 version, everytime I looked for the ghost image the system told me that does not have enogh memory and the computer restarted itself so I used USB version 1.1. howerver you can try, Hirens provide you the options so you can test, I had to test several times but worked perfectly...

I hope this can help..

Regards

Vicente W.
    from Panama (central america)

PD sorry if I made any grammar or typing mistakes, my enlgish is not perfect yet.

+
    0 Votes
    Aways Learning

Although this is an old post I found it interesting.

I have several versions of IBM hardware LT's and have been been suffering slow Ghost backups / restores using USB drives.

Long story short - ghost with -nousb option is correct for some of them. Disabling USB support in BIOS is right for others.

Took me a while to figure this out but I found I needed no magic drivers or addtional software.

Just tweak the BIOS if necessary or use the -nousb ghost switch as needed.

+
    0 Votes
    zebfink

Sounds like I'm trying to do what you want to do!

I am in need of being able to boot into DOS from machines that have various configurations in order to Backup / Restore via Ghost.

If it's got a Floppy or a Int CD-ROM... it's no problem.
    If it doesn't have a Int CDROM or Floppy... problem! (so far)

I've made up a Boot configuration that you can load on either a Floppy or a CDROM. This sounds what you need right now.

Here's what it will do right now.

1. Boot from Floppy into DOS.
    - will Recognize Int. CD-ROM/DVD, USB-HD, USB-Flash Drive (fat16) and USB-CDROM.
    - runs Ghost 2003 and sees all those devices.

2. Boot from Int. CDROM/DVD into DOS.
    - will Recognize Int. CD-ROM/DVD, USB-HD, USB-Flash Drive (fat16) and USB-CDROM.

- if you have a NTFS HD attached... you won't see a Drive letter assigned, but you will have access to it via Ghost!!
    Which is what you want!

What I still need it to do is boot from a USB device (Flash Drive or HD or CDROM) and perform the same tasks as above.

Here's where I'm stuck!!

- I need to boot from a USB Device (CDROM or Flash Drive).
    - ghost and save to a USB HD.

Issues:
    - once the boot process starts, the system scans for additional USB devices to add (ubsaspi.sys)
    - this causes the system to lose it's brains about the USB device that it's currently booted from... and everything stops.

Solution: (that I can't make work yet)
    - load everything into RAMFD.sys and have the system run from the ram disk... that way you have access to all the attached USB devices, as well as everything else.

If you want what I have right now... let me know and I'll email you the Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files with the needed drivers.

Zeb
    --------

+
    0 Votes
    zebfink

Here.... this is easier
    There's some stuff in there that you probably don't need... I'm just posting the whole thing.

Key Files that you need:

- usbaspi.sys (scans for USB)
    - di1000dd.sys (maps USB HD to a drive letter)
    - usbcd.sys (maps USB CDROM to a drive)

[Configsys]

[menu]
    menuitem=CD, Start computer with Ghost and CD-ROM support.
    menuitem=HELP, View the Help file.
    menudefault=CD,30
    menucolor=7,0

[CD]
    device=himem.sys
    device=oakcdrom.sys /D:mscd001
    device=btdosm.sys
    device=flashpt.sys
    device=btcdrom.sys /D:mscd001
    rem
    rem :The following line loads Panasonic's universal USB-controller driver
    rem :those are spaces between the file name and each of the switches
    rem :The '/e' switch forces USB 2.0 only, remove for USB 1.x also
    Device=usbaspi.sys /v /w /e
    rem
    rem :The following is an aspi mass storage driver for usb-connected HDs and compactflash memory cards
    rem :The 'Motto Hairu USB Driver'
    device=di1000dd.sys
    rem
    rem The following one loads USB CD-ROM driver
    device=USBCD.SYS /d:USBCD001

[HELP]
    device=qhimem.sys

[COMMON]
    files=10
    buffers=10
    dos=high,umb
    stacks=9,256
    devicehigh=ramdrive.sys /E 2048
    lastdrive=z

[Autoexec.bat]
    @ECHO OFF
    SET TZ=GHO+07:00
    set EXPAND=YES
    SET DIRCMD=/O:N
    set LglDrv=27 * 26 Z 25 Y 24 X 23 W 22 V 21 U 20 T 19 S 18 R 17 Q 16 P 15
    set LglDrv=%LglDrv% O 14 N 13 M 12 L 11 K 10 J 9 I 8 H 7 G 6 F 5 E 4 D 3 C
    cls
    call setramd.bat %LglDrv%
    set temp=c:\
    set tmp=c:\
    path=%RAMD%:\;a:\;%CDROM%:\;%USBCDROM%:\
    copy command.com %RAMD%:\ > NUL
    set comspec=%RAMD%:\command.com
    copy extract.exe %RAMD%:\ > NUL
    copy readme.txt %RAMD%:\ > NUL

:ERROR
    IF EXIST ebd.cab GOTO EXT
    echo Please insert Windows 98 Startup Disk 2
    echo.
    pause
    GOTO ERROR

:EXT
    %RAMD%:\extract /y /e /l %RAMD%: ebd.cab > NUL
    copy MOUSE.COM %RAMD%:\
    %RAMD%:\MOUSE.com
    echo The diagnostic tools were successfully loaded to drive %RAMD%.
    echo.

IF "%config%"=="HELP" GOTO HELP
    LH %ramd%:\MSCDEX.EXE /D:mscd001 /L:%CDROM% /D:USBCD001 /L:%USBCDROM%
    echo.
    cls
    GOTO QUIT

:HELP
    cls
    call help.bat
    echo Your computer will now restart and the startup menu will appear.
    restart.com
    GOTO QUIT

:QUIT
    echo To get help, type HELP and press ENTER.
    echo.
    rem clean up environment variables
    set CDROM=
    set LglDrv=

+
    0 Votes
    bobpeace

How long did it take for usbaspi to scan for your external usb device.

Send me what you have now. I am going to try and load the entire floppy into memory first.

Bob

+
    0 Votes
    Jacky Howe

it has a few good ideas.

http://www.bootdisk.com/usb.htm

+
    0 Votes
    Frank.Licari

Thanks guys for all of your help! I had most of the puzzle put together, but, by reading the numerous posts here, I was able to solve the problem!

TASK
    Deploy a ghost image on CD or DVD using either the internal drive or an external USB drive. I use NERO for CD/DVD Burn. The file NERO.bat is used to identify the ghost image.

MY SOLUTION (PC-DOS 7.1)

CONFIG.SYS

DEVICE=himem.sys
    DEVICEHIGH=ansi.sys
    DEVICEHIGH=RAMFD.SYS
    FILES=50
    BUFFERS=30
    DOS=high,umb
    STACKS=9,256

[menu]
    menucolor=14
    menuitem=DVI, IDE (Internal) DVD Drive Source
    menuitem=DVU, USB (External) DVD Drive Source

[DVI]
    DEVICE = oakcdrom.sys /D:SOURCE
    LASTDRIVE = Z

[DVU]
    DEVICE = usbaspi.sys
    DEVICE = usbcd.sys /D:SOURCE
    LASTDRIVE = Z

AUTOEXEC.BAT
    @echo off
    SET TZ=GHO+05:00

CLS
    ECHO 
    ECHO ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? THIS CD/DVD WILL COMPLETELY REPLACE THE OPERATING SYSTEM! ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? PROCEEDING WILL PERMANENTLY ERASE ALL PERSONAL DATA AND, ?
    ECHO ? ONCE THIS PROCEDURE IS INITIATED, IT CANNOT BE STOPPED! ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO BACKUP ALL DATA PRIOR TO PROCEEDING! ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO PROCEED (Y/N)? ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ECHO 

CHOICE /C:YN /N /T:N,20
    If errorlevel 2 goto NO
    If errorlevel 1 goto YES

:YES
    ECHO 
    CLS
    mscdex.exe /D:SOURCE /L:S
    if exist S:GHOST.EXE goto NERO
    goto FAIL

:NERO
    CALL NERO.BAT
    if errorlevel 1 goto PROBLEM
    goto SUCCESS

:FAIL
    ECHO 
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? COMMAND FAILURE. PLEASE VERIFY CD/DVD SOURCE. ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO 
    goto END

:SUCCESS
    A:
    EJECT
    CLS
    ECHO 
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? TASK COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY. ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? PLEASE REMOVE THE CD/DVD NOw AND REBOOT SYSTEM. ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO 
    goto END

:PROBLEM
    ECHO 
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? FAILURE! ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? GHOST OPERATION WAS NOT COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY. ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO 
    goto END

:NO
    ECHO 
    CLS
    ECHO 
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? RESTORE ABORTED. PLEASE REMOVE THE CD/DVD BEFORE REBOOTING. ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO 
    goto END

:END

NERO.BAT

REM You must select the appropriate IMAGE FILE NAME for this Job.

REM Pay carefull attention to the drive letters when selecting the image location.
    REM Changes to the drive letter on systems with more than a single IDE device may
    REM require changes to AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS.

REM You must copy GHOST.EXE into the root directory and rename the job accordingly.
    REM Ghost Switch -rb Reboot
    REM Ghost Switch -fx Force Exit
    REM Ghost Switch -batch Batch mode

S:
    ghost -clone,mode=load,src=s:\????????.GHO,dst=1 -sure -batch

Key files
    ansi.sys
    choice.com
    eject.exe
    ramfd.sys
    usbaspi.sys
    usbcd.sys

+
    0 Votes
    sgt_shultz

yeah but don't you run right into a bunch of pita dos gotchas like 2gb partition size and no ghost casting over switches and stuff?

+
    0 Votes
    Jacky Howe

solved? How about giving out some points.

• +
    0 Votes
    computerd}}

Let me get this straight, you want to boot with a USB that has Ghost on it? Make sure you set your BIOS to find your USB and set your first boot to boot to a removable drive. Or you can just buy an external floppy that hooks up to a USB slot.

+
    0 Votes
    bmadams

Thanks for asking, I want to boot from the Ghost CD, into DOS, start Ghost with USB drivers so I can copy to a USB Hard Drive.

When I do see the USB drive, it backups up to it dog slow....

+
    0 Votes
    NickNielsen Moderator

If your data transfer is that slow, it sounds like something is running at the USB 1.1 transfer rate (11Mbps) and not the USB 2.0 transfer rate (480Mbps).

As for drivers, I believe the ultimate boot CD (http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/) has USB drivers on it.

+
    0 Votes
    bmadams

Thanks,
    I was thinking the same thing about the USB1.1 vs USB 2 speed. I will try the UBCD. I did try a BART PE boot CD, but then Ghost would not run because it needed DOS.

+
    0 Votes
    jose.medeiros

You are right, Ghost.exe is 16 bit and it will not run, however Ghost32.exe will run and is available wit the Corporate Edition of Ghost from Symantec.

Jose

+
    0 Votes
    Matt H

I want to do the same thing - External USB DVD-RW for writing Ghost images to - saves having to rip the PC appart to attach an IDE DVD-RW which I used to do. Does Ghost 2003 support DVDs or just CDs? Imaging industrial PCs for DR purposes.

+
    0 Votes
    bmadams

Matt,
    I have tried using Ghost 2003 to create/burn image to a USB Ext. DVD.
    -I never could get it to see the DVD Burner after booting into DOS to create the image.

-It may work if you have Ghost installed and start the process from withing Windows. But I need anything I do to be able be accomplished from booting from the CD, without Windows installed. For 2 reasons:
    1) Backing up: I have more confidence in an image create from a Dos type environment
    2) Restore: I do not want to have to Install Windows and then a backup program before I can restore a system.

Hope this helps

+
    0 Votes
    bmadams

Concerning backing up to a HD vs DVD;
    I visit other locations to perform backups. Direct to DVD is much slower and has to be monitored to switch disks. So I back up to HD and then burn to DVD at my home at me conveinance.

+
    0 Votes
    ed

For Ghost USB 2.0 drivers to work your USB 2.0 controller needs to be an NEC chipset. Another option is to make a customized boot floppy with the Panasonic Universal USB 2.0 driver. You can find information for both of these items on Google.

-Henry

+
    0 Votes
    chentex

I got a solution for your question. I have an external plug and play MP3 player (that works like an external HD), thing is that I booted from Hirens V 7.8 all in one CD and selected the option that says Disk clone tools, Norton Ghost 8.2, Ghost with USB support then select the option 1 that will load the Panasonic USB drivers, so you will be able to see your external USB HD (including plug and plays MP3 players).

..I selected the option that says USB 1.1 (the tranfer rate using 1.1 was very good...) I had difficulties using the drivers for USB 2.0 version, everytime I looked for the ghost image the system told me that does not have enogh memory and the computer restarted itself so I used USB version 1.1. howerver you can try, Hirens provide you the options so you can test, I had to test several times but worked perfectly...

I hope this can help..

Regards

Vicente W.
    from Panama (central america)

PD sorry if I made any grammar or typing mistakes, my enlgish is not perfect yet.

+
    0 Votes
    Aways Learning

Although this is an old post I found it interesting.

I have several versions of IBM hardware LT's and have been been suffering slow Ghost backups / restores using USB drives.

Long story short - ghost with -nousb option is correct for some of them. Disabling USB support in BIOS is right for others.

Took me a while to figure this out but I found I needed no magic drivers or addtional software.

Just tweak the BIOS if necessary or use the -nousb ghost switch as needed.

+
    0 Votes
    zebfink

Sounds like I'm trying to do what you want to do!

I am in need of being able to boot into DOS from machines that have various configurations in order to Backup / Restore via Ghost.

If it's got a Floppy or a Int CD-ROM... it's no problem.
    If it doesn't have a Int CDROM or Floppy... problem! (so far)

I've made up a Boot configuration that you can load on either a Floppy or a CDROM. This sounds what you need right now.

Here's what it will do right now.

1. Boot from Floppy into DOS.

2. Boot from Int. CDROM/DVD into DOS.

- if you have a NTFS HD attached... you won't see a Drive letter assigned, but you will have access to it via Ghost!!
    Which is what you want!

What I still need it to do is boot from a USB device (Flash Drive or HD or CDROM) and perform the same tasks as above.

Here's where I'm stuck!!

- I need to boot from a USB Device (CDROM or Flash Drive).
    - ghost and save to a USB HD.

Issues:
    - once the boot process starts, the system scans for additional USB devices to add (ubsaspi.sys)
    - this causes the system to lose it's brains about the USB device that it's currently booted from... and everything stops.

Solution: (that I can't make work yet)
    - load everything into RAMFD.sys and have the system run from the ram disk... that way you have access to all the attached USB devices, as well as everything else.

If you want what I have right now... let me know and I'll email you the Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files with the needed drivers.

Zeb
    --------

+
    0 Votes
    zebfink

Here.... this is easier
    There's some stuff in there that you probably don't need... I'm just posting the whole thing.

Key Files that you need:

- usbaspi.sys (scans for USB)
    - di1000dd.sys (maps USB HD to a drive letter)
    - usbcd.sys (maps USB CDROM to a drive)

[Configsys]

[menu]
    menuitem=CD, Start computer with Ghost and CD-ROM support.
    menuitem=HELP, View the Help file.
    menudefault=CD,30
    menucolor=7,0

[CD]
    device=himem.sys
    device=oakcdrom.sys /D:mscd001
    device=btdosm.sys
    device=flashpt.sys
    device=btcdrom.sys /D:mscd001
    rem
    rem :The following line loads Panasonic's universal USB-controller driver
    rem :those are spaces between the file name and each of the switches
    rem :The '/e' switch forces USB 2.0 only, remove for USB 1.x also
    Device=usbaspi.sys /v /w /e
    rem
    rem :The following is an aspi mass storage driver for usb-connected HDs and compactflash memory cards
    rem :The 'Motto Hairu USB Driver'
    device=di1000dd.sys
    rem
    rem The following one loads USB CD-ROM driver
    device=USBCD.SYS /d:USBCD001

[HELP]
    device=qhimem.sys

[COMMON]
    files=10
    buffers=10
    dos=high,umb
    stacks=9,256
    devicehigh=ramdrive.sys /E 2048
    lastdrive=z

[Autoexec.bat]
    @ECHO OFF
    SET TZ=GHO+07:00
    set EXPAND=YES
    SET DIRCMD=/O:N
    set LglDrv=27 * 26 Z 25 Y 24 X 23 W 22 V 21 U 20 T 19 S 18 R 17 Q 16 P 15
    set LglDrv=%LglDrv% O 14 N 13 M 12 L 11 K 10 J 9 I 8 H 7 G 6 F 5 E 4 D 3 C
    cls
    call setramd.bat %LglDrv%
    set temp=c:\
    set tmp=c:\
    path=%RAMD%:\;a:\;%CDROM%:\;%USBCDROM%:\
    copy command.com %RAMD%:\ > NUL
    set comspec=%RAMD%:\command.com
    copy extract.exe %RAMD%:\ > NUL
    copy readme.txt %RAMD%:\ > NUL

:ERROR
    IF EXIST ebd.cab GOTO EXT
    echo Please insert Windows 98 Startup Disk 2
    echo.
    pause
    GOTO ERROR

:EXT
    %RAMD%:\extract /y /e /l %RAMD%: ebd.cab > NUL
    copy MOUSE.COM %RAMD%:\
    %RAMD%:\MOUSE.com
    echo The diagnostic tools were successfully loaded to drive %RAMD%.
    echo.

IF "%config%"=="HELP" GOTO HELP
    LH %ramd%:\MSCDEX.EXE /D:mscd001 /L:%CDROM% /D:USBCD001 /L:%USBCDROM%
    echo.
    cls
    GOTO QUIT

:HELP
    cls
    call help.bat
    echo Your computer will now restart and the startup menu will appear.
    restart.com
    GOTO QUIT

:QUIT
    echo To get help, type HELP and press ENTER.
    echo.
    rem clean up environment variables
    set CDROM=
    set LglDrv=

+
    0 Votes
    bobpeace

How long did it take for usbaspi to scan for your external usb device.

Send me what you have now. I am going to try and load the entire floppy into memory first.

Bob

+
    0 Votes
    Jacky Howe

it has a few good ideas.

http://www.bootdisk.com/usb.htm

+
    0 Votes
    Frank.Licari

Thanks guys for all of your help! I had most of the puzzle put together, but, by reading the numerous posts here, I was able to solve the problem!

TASK
    Deploy a ghost image on CD or DVD using either the internal drive or an external USB drive. I use NERO for CD/DVD Burn. The file NERO.bat is used to identify the ghost image.

MY SOLUTION (PC-DOS 7.1)

CONFIG.SYS

DEVICE=himem.sys
    DEVICEHIGH=ansi.sys
    DEVICEHIGH=RAMFD.SYS
    FILES=50
    BUFFERS=30
    DOS=high,umb
    STACKS=9,256

[menu]
    menucolor=14
    menuitem=DVI, IDE (Internal) DVD Drive Source
    menuitem=DVU, USB (External) DVD Drive Source

[DVI]
    DEVICE = oakcdrom.sys /D:SOURCE
    LASTDRIVE = Z

[DVU]
    DEVICE = usbaspi.sys
    DEVICE = usbcd.sys /D:SOURCE
    LASTDRIVE = Z

AUTOEXEC.BAT
    @echo off
    SET TZ=GHO+05:00

CLS
    ECHO 
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? THIS CD/DVD WILL COMPLETELY REPLACE THE OPERATING SYSTEM! ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? PROCEEDING WILL PERMANENTLY ERASE ALL PERSONAL DATA AND, ?
    ECHO ? ONCE THIS PROCEDURE IS INITIATED, IT CANNOT BE STOPPED! ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO BACKUP ALL DATA PRIOR TO PROCEEDING! ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO PROCEED (Y/N)? ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO 

CHOICE /C:YN /N /T:N,20
    If errorlevel 2 goto NO
    If errorlevel 1 goto YES

:YES
    ECHO 
    CLS
    mscdex.exe /D:SOURCE /L:S
    if exist S:GHOST.EXE goto NERO
    goto FAIL

:NERO
    CALL NERO.BAT
    if errorlevel 1 goto PROBLEM
    goto SUCCESS

:FAIL
    ECHO 
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? COMMAND FAILURE. PLEASE VERIFY CD/DVD SOURCE. ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO 
    goto END

:SUCCESS
    A:
    EJECT
    CLS
    ECHO 
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? TASK COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY. ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? PLEASE REMOVE THE CD/DVD NOw AND REBOOT SYSTEM. ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO 
    goto END

:PROBLEM
    ECHO 
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? FAILURE! ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? GHOST OPERATION WAS NOT COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY. ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO 
    goto END

:NO
    ECHO 
    CLS
    ECHO 
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO ? RESTORE ABORTED. PLEASE REMOVE THE CD/DVD BEFORE REBOOTING. ?
    ECHO ? ?
    ECHO 
    goto END

:END

NERO.BAT

REM You must select the appropriate IMAGE FILE NAME for this Job.

REM Pay carefull attention to the drive letters when selecting the image location.
    REM Changes to the drive letter on systems with more than a single IDE device may
    REM require changes to AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS.

REM You must copy GHOST.EXE into the root directory and rename the job accordingly.
    REM Ghost Switch -rb Reboot
    REM Ghost Switch -fx Force Exit
    REM Ghost Switch -batch Batch mode

S:
    ghost -clone,mode=load,src=s:\????????.GHO,dst=1 -sure -batch

Key files
    ansi.sys
    choice.com
    eject.exe
    ramfd.sys
    usbaspi.sys
    usbcd.sys

+
    0 Votes
    sgt_shultz

yeah but don't you run right into a bunch of pita dos gotchas like 2gb partition size and no ghost casting over switches and stuff?

+
    0 Votes
    Jacky Howe

solved? How about giving out some points.