General discussion

Group delegates can't view private items Exchange / Outlook 2003

By nibiker ·
Hi,
Wondering if anyone has come across this problem before....

I have a number of shared mailboxes in the organisation which may have as many as 10 people as delegates. For ease of administration I have created a mail enabled global security group in AD and using the Outlook delegate function have granted the 'group' delegate access rather than individuals. This means I can devolve responsibiltiy for update of group membership through the outlook global address list to someone in the relevant department. A problem I have encountered is that although the group is granted permission to 'view private items' they cannot view them. Private items can only be viewed when I add the users individually as delegates.

Has anyone else come across this / found a solution, or is it a known problem.

Alternatively, I notice that the message sensitivity cannot be changed from 'private' to 'normal' (for example even when forwarding a private email) unlike the importance level which can be changed. Is there any way to change the sensitivity of an email (apart from copy / paste)?

Hoping someone can assist.

Pauline Williams

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Wrong forum.

by deepsand In reply to Group delegates can't vie ...

This is a tech. problem, in search of a solution.

It properly belongs in "Technical Q&A," not in "Discussions." Please re-post there.

Not only will you be more likely to attract the attention of those seeking to provide answers, but you will also make it easier for those seeking discussions to find such.

Thank you.

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)