id="info"

Question

Locked

Group Policy Issue - Automatic log on to SharePoint Intranet

By Tink56 ·
I have a Group Policy issue that has been perplexing me for weeks. We have a new intranet site using SharePoint. The site is internal only. Employees can go to it via: http:\\intranet.mycu.com. However, they are prompted for their network username and password. This is very annoying.

In Group Policy I added http:\\intranet.mycu.com as a Trusted Site. I also put in Group Policy the setting to change the User Authentication in IE to "Automatic logon with current user name and password."

Almost all my machines work. You open IE and go to the site and there's no log-on prompt.

Except I've got machines here and there where it won't work. I've done a /force to no avail. I look in their IE settings and the group policy settings are there (the site is listed in Trusted sites and the User Authentication area is greyed out with the proper setting selected.

All the machines are XP. All have IE7. All patching is up to date.

Any ideas on why this works on 70% of the machines but not with the other 30%. All machines are pretty much equal as far as what is installed on them.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums