Question

Help Menu Font size in MS Office 2003

By NDKadjar ·
Everytime I open the Help menu in any MS Office 2003 application and ask a question, whether Word, Excel etc., the fonts are unreablebecause they are tiny. How can I increase their size? I know the Help is connected to the web. Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

In the help menu you can change the fonts..

In the help box there are nine little click on boxes, what you want is the third box from the right, this is called "change fonts", now click on this box and then you can change the size of the text to suite your needs. :)

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.
If this information is useful, please mark as helpful. Thanks.

Collapse -

Help Box

by NDKadjar In reply to In the help menu you can ...

I don't understand your sentence "In the help box there are nine little click on boxes,what you want is the third box from the right, this is called "change fonts".
I know how to change the font size of the document, but my question is regarding the font size in the Help menu, after you asked a question and got an answer. Can you clarify your answer please?

Collapse -

Ok, my fault, i have office 2007. :)

This might be of help for your office 2003, and since your help panes are HTML based then this should work on your office suite.

Because the help is HTML-based and formatted through Cascading Style Sheets, to change the help font you must change the way you view Web pages in general. Launch Internet Options from the Control Panel and click on the Accessibility... button on the General tab. Check the box Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages, and click on OK.

This change will also force Internet Explorer to display all Web pages using the font size specified with View | Text Size. Who knows? You may like the change. But if not, go back and repeat these steps to remove the check next to the Ignore... box.

Collapse -

Help Menu Font size in MS Office 2003 - Software

by NDKadjar In reply to Ok, my fault, i have offi ...

Thanks for your help. It works, and since it changes the web's fonts also by default, I remove the check mark after having used the Help Menu, otherwise everything becomes too large.

Collapse -

No problem. As long as it is working to your likeing.

Collapse -

Help Menu

by shasca In reply to Help Menu Font size in MS ...

Here it is directly from Office 2003 help settings.

Change the font in Help

On the General tab, click Fonts, and then select the options you want.
Note If you change the font and background color of the Help topics in the Help window, the change will also affect the font and background color when you view a Web page in Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Collapse -

To explain that a bit further...

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Help Menu

Shasca is correct. That's what the Office 2003 Help topic says. However, S/He left out the first part telling you where that 'general' tab is located.

Here's the whole 'page' from Office 2003 Help:

--------

Change the appearance of a Help topic

Some of the content in this topic may not be applicable to some languages.

(1) In the Windows XP Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Internet Options.

In the Windows 2000 Control Panel, double-click the Internet Options icon.

(2) On the General tab, click Accessibility, and then click Ignore colors specified on Web pages.

(3) Click OK.

(4) In the Internet Properties dialog box (Windows XP) or the Internet Options (Windows 2000) dialog box, do one or both of the following:

--> Change the color of the background or text in Help

On the General tab, click Colors, and then select the options you want.

--> Change the font in Help

On the General tab, click Fonts, and then select the options you want.

Note If you change the font and background color of the Help topics in the Help window, the change will also affect the font and background color when you view a Web page in Microsoft Internet Explorer.

---

Collapse -

Help Menu Font size in MS Office 2003 - Software

by NDKadjar In reply to To explain that a bit fur ...

Thank you Shasca for your help and for adding some more specifics related to the General Tab. Each program has its own--->
Tools--->Options etc... So I did not know which one you meant. You input was a great help

Back to Software Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums