How do I recover a corrupt PowerPoint 2013 presentation?

By zvonimirkrstajic20 ·
Basically, I have three separate presentations with the same problem and I have read the other thread regarding this and have tried to load the presentation up through Open Office and this has failed. Does anyone else have any ideas as these are extremely important to me!!!

F.Y.I - When I open the file within Open Office, it loads up a load of hashes in the writer function of the program.
29 total posts (Page 1 of 3)   01 | 02 | 03   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Recover by Different methods !

by clark445kent In reply to How do I recover a corrup ...

There are different methods available to recover corrupted PPT.

Method 1:
Move the PowerPoint to different location : this is first and very useful troubleshooting method to repair PPT problems . Copy presentation and paste it on other computer hard.

Method 2: Open presentation in MS word document:
If you have tried above method, but still facing same problem then try to open corrupt PowerPoint in MS Word. Follow this below steps:

• Open MS Word.
• Click on Open button of File menu.
• Select Files of type box and navigate to your corrupt file, Open it.

Method 3: Use Safe Mode
To see your presentation in safe mode, first of all you will have to run PowerPoint in safe mode. Follow these steps to do it...

• Click on Start button.
• Select Run & type “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\your MS office version\Powerpnt.exe" /safe”.
• Now press OK button.
• Restart your system, during restart press & hold F8 button to start window in safe mode.
• Open & see your presentation.

Method 4: Try Third part repair Tool: If all above method fail to fix corrupted presentation then you can try third party PPT repair Tool.

Collapse -

Create a new blank presentation in PowerPoint, and save it under a new name

by leonard20walters In reply to How do I recover a corrup ...

Then, go to Format -> Slide Design, choose to show all documents, and choose the corrupt PowerPoint file. Now, go to Insert -> Slides from File, and select the corrupt PowerPoint file. Make sure you are set to insert all slides, and then import. If that works, great! I suspect, however, that you might crash at that point. If so, try repeating the process, inserting specific slides one by one until you find the problem one. After that, save the file, making sure that Fast Saves are off (in Preferences / Save).

If you are unable to open your PowerPoint files then try PPTX Repair Kit recovery tool. This utility recovers your corrupt and damaged PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pot, .pps, pptx and ppsx formats) from MS PowerPoint files.

Visit:- to know more about the tool and download free trial version.

Collapse -

Sensible Solution From Quora

by benparker In reply to How do I recover a corrup ...

If you have not tried the built in repair option of MS Powerpoint, i recommend you to try that. If you are still not able to fix the issues in your PowerPoint file, you may go through this blog post i hope this would deliver some thing better then all you tried so far

Collapse -

Free Solution to recover PPT file

by Bassiel In reply to How do I recover a corrup ...

Data from inaccessible PowerPoint file can be extracted in MS Word file OR you can use "Reuse slides" option. PowerPoint file recovery is also possible by using "Insert menu" to insert slides.

Reference :-

If there is any other free solution, you can search it over internet. Backup your file before implementing any solution.

Collapse -

PowerPoint recovery tool

by JustinS.Laplante In reply to How do I recover a corrup ...

This Software takes few seconds to recover corrupt PowerPoint files and restores all data such as image, spreadsheet, text, graph and stored procedures from corrupt PowerPoint files.

Read More:-

Collapse -

How to recover corrupt PowerPoint 2013 presentation?

by naitiksemwaa In reply to How do I recover a corrup ...

Try SysInfoTools PPTX Recovery tool and recover your maximum possible data from corrupted PPTX file of PowerPoint 2013. But before using any third-party recovery tool, try to Open and Repair the presentation file by using built-in repair feature of MS PowerPoint. If this fails, you can try to open the file in OpenOffice Impress.

Third-party recovery tool would be a last option for you. To read more about SysInfoTools PPTX recovery tool and to download its free demo version to preview recovered data, you may visit:

Collapse -

PowerPoint Recovery Tool

by abelmartin002 In reply to How do I recover a corrup ...

MS PowerPoint repair tool gives the prominent solution to deal with corruption in PowerPoint files containing important presentation data. This efficient tool successfully recovers previous deleted slides, master slides and images. Get more details visit here:

Collapse -

Select Run & type

by giahung0369 In reply to How do I recover a corrup ...

Select Run & type “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\your MS office version\Powerpnt.exe" /safe”. thanh ly tiem net

Collapse -

by JohnAlmighty In reply to Select Run & type

This worked for me. Thanks.

Collapse -

PowerPoint Repair Toolbox works with the .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pot, .potx...

by wesleyconnor17 In reply to How do I recover a corrup ...

Only if a version of PowerPoint is not installed on your computer. If registered, double-clicking on these file types will launch software.
You may download product’s demo here:-

Most likely, the file has become corrupt on the drive (possible due to being shut down or having the drive removed while it was being saved). You'll need to copy the file back onto the USB drive.

Otherwise, you may visit following item to know more about problem’s solution:

Thank you.

Back to Software Forum
29 total posts (Page 1 of 3)   01 | 02 | 03   Next

Software Forums