General discussion

How do u download a Youtube Video?

By Keithrichardson ·
hallo i am looking for a software to download youtube videos in my pc and convert them to mp3 to listen them in my ipod too, can you help me pls?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

16 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

no m8

by The 'G-Man.' In reply to How do u download a Youtu ...

Ever thought of actually searching on youtube or google for the solution?

Collapse -

Youtube recording program

by heberoman In reply to no m8

I have searched for the any possible solutions on Google and get many suggestions such as download with Firefox add-on downloader, snagit video capture program.
But to integrate download and convert functions I have got this software called streaming video recorder and immediately I have tested a movie recording task with it, the result comes to high definition as my expect. You are able to <a href="http://www.recordstreamingvideo.net/record-youtube-videos-2.html">record Youtube videos</a> Then I use it to convert to mp3 format with legible audio!

Collapse -

solid solution

by angelacat In reply to no m8

I suggest you use <a href="http://www.streaming-video-recorder.com/youtube-video-recorder">YouTube Video Recorder</a>, it will fulfill your needs. It can download YouTube videos directly when it detect the video on webpage. And after downloading, you can convert it to other formatted video files or mp3 files you want.

Collapse -

You can do it with Add-ons for Firefox ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to How do u download a Youtu ...

Download 'Media Pirate' for Firefox2
or
Download 'Flash Video Download' for Firefox3

They will each let you download video clips directly from YouTube.

(Bear in mind that the downloads will arrive on your hard drive WITHOUT file extensions. You need to Rename them with the extension of '.flv' for them to be recognised as video files.)

By the way, MP3 is a format only suited to audio content.

You'll probably be converting them to MP4 for an iPod.

<Format>

Collapse -

It's easy.

by CharlieSpencer In reply to How do u download a Youtu ...

You need a digital output / input bypass loopback cable. One end goes in your speaker port, the other connects where you'd normally attach a microphone. When you play the video on YouTube, the sound goes out the speaker port and back in the microphone port. Then you can just record the incoming sound using the Loopback plug-in for Windows Media Player. You may also need an inline feedback minimization circuit. You can get the cable and the minimizer from most of the electronics retailers on the web, but since the minimizer costs more, I'd try it with just the cable first. The plug-in is free; Google for it.

Collapse -

You don't even require a cable for MP3 recording ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to It's easy.

Download and install 'Free Hi-Q Recorder'.

http://www.bestshareware.net/free-hiq-recorder.htm

It works on the principal that whatever the soundcard is playing (via your PC speakers) the hard drive is capable of recording (as a sound source).

All talk of output/input loopbacks is a bit like using a sledghammer to crack a walnut.

Collapse -

You bought that?

by CharlieSpencer In reply to You don't even require a ...

Man, I'm good. I'm gonna go stand in the rose bed and see if I can come up with some more.

Collapse -

Didn't buy it but I DO use it - and it works! ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to You bought that?

Oh yee of little faith.

I suggest you swallow your pride, download and try it: then perhaps you'll be less sarcastic.

Don't get me wrong - I initially downloaded it in preparation for a flaming email to send to the coder, but the flame-email had to be put on a back-burner, where it has remained since.

If a user with the requirement has no clue as to how to achieve the required recording, he can follow your route and buy either a pre-made cable or the components to solder the connection together - or he can download this free proggy and be done with it.

His choice.

Anyway, by definition in the title of the OP, the inquiry was regarding VIDEO - not audio.

<Clarity>

Collapse -

To quote Daffy Duck, "A-ha! Pronoun trouble!"

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Didn't buy it but I DO us ...

I meant, "You bought that line of poop I posted above? I made all the terms up. It's so full of excrement I should go fertilize the flower bed."

Collapse -

Downloading Youtube Video

by lesliethompson6 In reply to How do u download a Youtu ...

yes sure, i downloaded the software u are looking from this url http:www.youtube-video-downloads.org its a very powerfull software and u can download any youtube video in your pc and convert it in any format you want, give it a try because online there are not many software like this one, take care!

Back to Hardware Forum
16 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next

Hardware Forums