General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

How do you move Word Document folder to another PC?

by corfam24 ·

I am trying to copy from the Win 7 64 bit MS Words Document Folder to a Flash drive. I try copying the MS Words Document Folder to my laptop which has VISTA 32 Bit. When I try opening a document it give me nothing, like it can not read it. I then try opening the document on the flash drive and the same things happen. Is there a way to bring Word document Folder from one PC to another and still read and open the Documents?
    I do have two official 2007 MS Office.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Can you copy anything from one PC to the other?

by robo_dev ·

In reply to How do you move Word Document folder to another PC?

E.G. just copy something off the desktop to the flash drive and then to the other PC?

The question is whether the flash drive is working.

Also, are you safely-removing the flash drive when you unplug it?

How do you move Word Document folder to another PC?

by corfam24 ·

In reply to Can you copy anything from one PC to the other?

Well I did copy the Word documents on to the flash drive, but they will not open. While I am on my desktop pc WIN7 I can open the document on the flash drive. But once I take the flash drive to the VISTA laptop and copy it to a hard drive and try to open the documents from either the hard drive or flash drive, it does not open. Also once I take the flash drive back to WIN7 PC it will not open the document from the flash drive. I have try deleting the old folder on the the flash drive and creating a new one. nothing seem to work.

standard xfer of MSFT app created files

by professor8 ·

First, you drag it to the trash, then drag the MSFT app to the trash. Then you empty the trash. Problem solved.

So what version of Word is on the Vista System?

by hal 9000 ·

Assuming that it’s just something as simple as M$ Office being incompatible with an earlier version of it’s self.

What Security do you have Active on the 7 System?

If you have Enabled Encryption on the 7 System then naturally it’s going to be unreadable on the Vista System as 7 & Vista do not share the same Encryption System and even if they did you would have to have the same Encryption Key on both systems. 😉

Col

Viewing 2 reply threads