Question

how to assign ip addresses to mac addresses in speedtouch 585 v6

By gawaher.com ·
Greetings

I've got a speedtouch 585 v6 router and use it for sharing a dsl connection with neighbors. Each neighbor has an account to connect 1 computer. But some neighbors subscribe for 1 account yet connect 2 computers at the same time. So I wonder if there is a way to prevent them from connecting more than 1 computer. I read that some routers are able to assign a static ip address for a specific mac address. Can that be done in speedtouch 585 v6?
The web interface is very basic and has no firewall controls. But it seems that the router can do a lot, using telnet.

Can someone please guide me as to how to create rules using telnet, and how to assign specific IP addresses to specific mac addresses?

Many thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

anyone please?

by gawaher.com In reply to how to assign ip addresse ...

anyone please?

Collapse -

by gawaher.com In reply to how to assign ip addresse ...

anyone please?
is this a dead forum or what??
I've been waiting for almost a month for any reply..!!

Collapse -

Telnet Is Your Friend

by dan In reply to how to assign ip addresse ...

Although there is a tick box in the GUI interface which says something along the lines of "Always assign this device the same IP" - which is essentially what you're after, you'll find that if you TELNET to the router there's a lot more options (you just need to know what all the commands do - if in doubt, type "?"!

Back to Desktop Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums