Question

• Creator
    Topic

How to Config DI-524 Dlink wireless Router in wirded Network

by sakthi1712 ·

Hi all,

i installed Dlink DI524 Wireless Router. i changed its static ip to my lan ip. also i assigned gateway ip to my internet gateway ip. i take a connection from switch where the internet connection is shared to my wireless router. But it can’t access my laptop. How can i solve my problem

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by sakthi1712 ·

In reply to How to Config DI-524 Dlink wireless Router in wirded Network

Clarifications

hi sakthi

by sudhir_tango4all ·

In reply to How to Config DI-524 Dlink wireless Router in wirded Network

sakthi is ur laptop wi-fi enabled if yes
      then just go to the network properties and assigen a ip address as same range as ur router ip and gateway address and try to search wi-fi network within the range..i thought u will be able to find internet on ur laptop ..if there again any probles persist then feel free to contacnt me ..
      bye

sudhir singh

hi sudhir…

by parminder1532 ·

In reply to hi sakthi

plz help me too as i have same problem with same wireless router there’s no network found in list as i m using windows vista on my laptop. home basic laptop model is v3424au caompaq.

hello sudhir

by miss_rea_rea_03 ·

In reply to hi sakthi

My cousin has a d-link router in my house and when her laptp was setup her laptop the person that did it forvher made the router secured. She willing to let me connect to her router but neither one of us know what needs to be done. Can you help me.
        Thanks Kisha

WEP/WPA credentials DLink 524 router

by smandujano ·

In reply to hello sudhir

Kisha,

You will have to extract the WLAN (WiFi) connection properties from the machine that is properly connecting to the DLink 524 access point and input those into your own system. In the secure configuration settings, a WEP or WPA key is most likely present (XP/Vista/Linux, etc). Write down those settings: a) key, 2) key length, 3) other settings. Go to your laptop and run the Wireless Connection application to input/replicate the credentials. You should be able to see the SSID of your friend. Try to connect once you store the credentials. The encrypted session should let you see the Internet.

PS In the case of Comcast, make sure the DLink 524 Wireless router is configured to handle addresses in the 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255 range (and not the default settings is 192.168.100-200; this must be changed).

Hope this helps.
          Salvador Mandujano

Viewing 1 reply thread