+
0 Votes

how to connect microsoft visual basic 6.0 to sql server 2000

kirankumar4488
explain how to connect Microsoft Visual basic 6.0 to sql sever 2000
  • +
    0 Votes
    creative2002guy

"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=<your password>;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=<user name>;Initial Catalog=<database name>"

+
    0 Votes
    muthu19485

Hi,
    We hav developed a software with VB6.0 as frontend and access2000 as a backend.
    And now am interested to convert the database access to sql sever2000.For that wat are the steps I have to do?

+
    0 Votes
    Tony Hopkinson

First as posted simply change the connection string.

Then test, see if you've got any access specific non standard SQL

How easy that is depends on how modular your code is.

Then potentially ( almost certainly) optimise.
    Generally when scaling a desktop backend to a full DBMS, your problem areas will be
    locking, transaction isolation and it being dog slow because you did a lot of the data processing in code instead of in the database.
    How much work the above is depends on way too many factors, in my experience having done this sort of thing several times it always turns out to be a lot more management hoped.

+
    0 Votes
    SANJAY_NCCB

SOFTWARE ENGINEER PROJECT DEVLOPMENT

+
    0 Votes
    krg_b

Download the Resume

• +
    0 Votes
    creative2002guy

"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=<your password>;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=<user name>;Initial Catalog=<database name>"

+
    0 Votes
    muthu19485

Hi,
    We hav developed a software with VB6.0 as frontend and access2000 as a backend.
    And now am interested to convert the database access to sql sever2000.For that wat are the steps I have to do?

+
    0 Votes
    Tony Hopkinson

First as posted simply change the connection string.

Then test, see if you've got any access specific non standard SQL

How easy that is depends on how modular your code is.

Then potentially ( almost certainly) optimise.
    Generally when scaling a desktop backend to a full DBMS, your problem areas will be
    locking, transaction isolation and it being dog slow because you did a lot of the data processing in code instead of in the database.
    How much work the above is depends on way too many factors, in my experience having done this sort of thing several times it always turns out to be a lot more management hoped.

+
    0 Votes
    SANJAY_NCCB

SOFTWARE ENGINEER PROJECT DEVLOPMENT

+
    0 Votes
    krg_b

Download the Resume