Question

• Creator
    Topic

How to scan to a server while using RDP

by mundey2 ·

Hay i am hoping someone can help me out with a problem i have at work, first of all please forgive my English as it is not my best quality.

Ok so here is my problem. We have a server with Microsoft server 2008 r2 with around 20 users that RDP to the server each to their own account with allot of restrictions. so i have a network printer (Ricoh Afico mp171) and what i want to do is the following.. on the address book i want to program it in so that it should scan to the my documents folder of each user on the server. so no shared folder on the c drive because then every one can see the others scans. the problem is i am not sure as how to specify a path on a server without actually sharing that path. so if i am correct it should look something like this \\000.000.000.00\c:\users\userx\my documents… but as u can imagine this does not work printer just say unable to connect.

i would really appreciate any help.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by mundey2 ·

In reply to How to scan to a server while using RDP

Clarifications

Configure it

by jpelectron ·

In reply to How to scan to a server while using RDP

Option 1: create a common share…
      \\server\folder
      which is really c:\folder (on the server)
      in this folder create a folder for each user
      c:\folder\user01
      c:\folder\user02
      …give Administrator, the scanner, and each user permission to each folder.

Option 2: configure the copier to scan to individual e-mail mailboxes, then when the user goes to scan they should pick their own name from the front panel

Another option: http://www.remote-scan.com/

Reponse To Answer

by mundey2 ·

In reply to Configure it

thank you very much gonna try it out today.. will let u know

Viewing 1 reply thread