Question

how to setup own email server in windows 2003

By parasthehunter ·
Sir,

i want to setup own email server in windows 2003 server for sending and recieving mail though outlook express for my LAN network ..i have 95 comupter in my Lan network
and we want to use own domain name email address for our office staff communication
for each others ...can any one help me ...

thanks
jitendra

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Do you have specific question?

by robo_dev In reply to how to setup own email se ...

The steps involved are pretty much to buy, configure, and install a server.

What do you mean "use own domain name email address for office staff"??

In order to communicate with the outside world, you need to register a valid domain name or use a domain email service such as Google Apps.

Collapse -

This may be of some help

by OH Smeg In reply to how to setup own email se ...

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/build-your-skills-set-up-an-smtppop3-mail-server-with-windows-server-2003/5035180

But as stated above you need to be a bit more specific as to what you want to do and what resources you have available.

Col

Collapse -

Install and Configure the Email Server in Windows Server 2003

Collapse -

Go For Exchange Server

by kiran2snicks In reply to how to setup own email se ...

Hi,

IF u Planned To set up a mail Server zu can opt Exchange Server.
Internally in Lan U can Use To send And Receive the mails in ur domain id but if u want to interact with other domain say gmail u need to register ur domain name in ISP.

With Regards,
Kiran.eshwaraiah

Collapse -

try Hmailserver

by Cransh In reply to how to setup own email se ...

I've just build a local mail server with Hmailserver and it was great , free , easy to setup and with a good documentation and support
give it a shoot http://www.hmailserver.com/

Collapse -

Turnkey Appliances

by konthra7 In reply to how to setup own email se ...

Jitendra,
My personal advice is to download and install the e-mail server Turnkey appliance. The reason I say this is because you don't have to configure the server to work with itself, you only have to set it up to operate on your network. In addition, you'll need to make sure the e-mail server is registered with your registrar for your domanin name, assuming you have on already

Back to Networks Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums