General discussion

HP 8000 printer woes

By jeffersnet ·
A friend of mine has a Novell server and uses Novell 4.9 client on XP workstations. Since getting her new workstations her HP Laserjet 8000 DN printer will print an extra page at the end of print jobs. The separator page is turned off which should add one at the end of a job, I think. Anyway, she has tried several different drivers that she has downloaded from HP and tried changing the Novell client's first protocal to IPX with no luck. Everything works fine on NT4 workstations using 2.x Novell clients. If we could find a copy of 2.x Novell client I'd try that but I can't locate one. I'm really not sure if the problem is in the printer settings, computer OS or Novell client but I'm leaning towards the Novell client.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Link999 In reply to HP 8000 printer woes

Make sure that the "Enable Banner" option isn't checked.

You can find it under the "Default Capture" tab in the Novell Client.

Good Luck !

Collapse -

by Link999 In reply to

Sorry, that should have been:

Make sure that the "Form feed" box isn't checked under the "Default Capture" tab in the Novell Client settings.

Collapse -

by IT Toast In reply to HP 8000 printer woes

Are you using iPrint or queue-based printing?

Collapse -

by jeffersnet In reply to HP 8000 printer woes

I checked and she tried everything and is currently trying to just have each computer run the printer without going through the server. I'm not a Novell guy so when she asked me about this I thought I'd share it with everyone on Techrepublic. Without the Novell client the printer works fine but then there are things in Novell that won't work.

Collapse -

by jeffersnet In reply to HP 8000 printer woes

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)