General discussion

HP 8100 laser printer

By denghoffer ·
How do you fix a printer that scews the print on the paper? On the paper the print is not centered. The print is off center. I have replaced the fuser and checked all of the paper guides and rollers.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to HP 8100 laser printer

Well if the paper handling isn't the problem it is the imaging circuitry that has gone bad.

So start at the beginning check do a test print from the printer to see if the problem still exists

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpl06356/bpl06356.pdf {page 24}

if it's fine then start looking for other reasons and first check the data lead to make sure that it isn't damaged and if in doubt replace it. If that doesn't cure the problem it's time to dig into the guts of the thing and as this isn't a little printer that is a play toy you're best off getting a HP tech to fix it up if there is one available.

As this has several options to connect to the computer/network you might like to take advantage of a different connection method there is a Parallel, RJ45, Fast Infra Red Connector and a C-Link so if one isn't working you should first try another connector to see if that one works. If it does the most likely problem is in the original connection socket.

Just a hint here as Canon makes all the HP Printers you might get some more help out of them for the Canon Branded unit than out of HP.

Col

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to

Just another thought here if this is going to be an expensive repair it might be worth while talking to your accounting department to see if it is viable to repair this unit as by now the Tax Benefits should be getting close to writing it off from a Tax Benefit point of view.

Collapse -

by denghoffer In reply to

Poster rated this answer.
If you print a menu map in Landscape the print is fine on the top, fine on the left side, scewed on the bottom. From left to right the line on the paper goes at an incline.

Collapse -

by denghoffer In reply to HP 8100 laser printer

I have also tore the whole printer completley apart looking for bad connections. I found none. Changed rollers,toner.

Collapse -

I have found the problem. It was the transfer roller assembly. The piece that holds the roller. One of the hold down clips was broken off.

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to HP 8100 laser printer

Well as you have a solution do not forget to close the question.

If you can not purchase the required part from HP you can always try Canon as they make the HP units and may have the part if you can give them the equivalent Canon Model number.

Col

Collapse -

by denghoffer In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)