General discussion

HP deskjet 660 color

By w9yfg ·
I have purchased new cartridges and down loaded the latest drivers and printer does not print. Paper advances but does not print. What else can I check, I want to do it myself or send it to the Landfill.
Thank You.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to HP deskjet 660 color

Start with a printer self test.

From HP:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=59210&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bpd07098#N100E8

HP Deskjet 600 series printers

HP Deskjet 600, 600c, 610c, 630c, 632c, 640c, 642c, 648c, 660c, 670c, 680c, and 690c series printers

Running a self-test

1. Turn the printer on.

2. Press and hold the RESUME button until the printer starts printing.

3. Release the RESUME button.

Running a clean-test

1. Turn the printer on.

2. Press and hold the POWER button.

3. Press the RESUME button seven times.

4. Release the POWER button.

Running a diagnostic-test

Regular
1. Turn the printer on.

3. Press the RESUME button five times.

Extended
1. Turn the printer on.

3. Press the RESUME button twelve times.

See what happens.

If you still do not get a printout or any error codes, try gently cleaning the contacts for the print cartridges.

I use an electronics grade spray contact cleaner, foam swabs, and a pink pencil eraser.

Make sure any cleaner is safe for use with / on plastics.

Chas

Collapse -

by willcomp In reply to HP deskjet 660 color

Try procedure above, if still no output, you may have faulty cartridges. Once upon a time when 600 series printers were the rage, I got 3 straight faulty cartridges directly from HP.

In other words, new cartridges are not necessarily good cartridges.

Dalton

Collapse -

by willcomp In reply to

Were cartridges fresh or well out of date? Check date on packaging. If old, cleaning print nozzles may help. HP website used to have instructions for basic cleaning, but they may have reverted to their don't touch philosopy.

Spray 409 or some like cleaner on nozzles. Rinse copiously with clean running water. Allow to dry thoroughly. Keep fingers off. Can pat gently with soft cloth to hasten drying.

Collapse -

by ozi Eagle In reply to HP deskjet 660 color

Hi,
I don't know the physical layout of the 600, so here's a generic fix for clogged nozzles.
Wet a tissue and stand cartridges with nozzles on it for a while, or carefully insert under the nozzles in the printer. The water soaks back up the nozzles and may soften dried ink enough for printing too start.

Back to Hardware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)