General discussion

HP Deskjet 990CXi over TCP/IP

By Steve Penn ·
Has anyone experienced any problems when setting up a HP Deskjet 990CXi printer to print exclusively using TCP/IP printing. We want to eradicate as much 'Microsoft Printing' as possible, but it seems that whenever I set-up a 990 using TCP/IP printing , it stops working within a few days.

We are using Intel NetPort Express 10/100 print servers.

Our network is quite slow, therefore we need everyone on TCP/IP printing to get the most out of our current set-up.

I've downloaded NT drivers from HP and even tried explaining to HP support, but both were worse than useless.

Does anyone have any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by thomas.white In reply to HP Deskjet 990CXi over TC ...

The problem is most likely in the print servers. We use them in our enviroment and we have the same problem. Ever so often the network bogs down and the print server times out. To test and see if this is the problem. The next time it stops printing do nothing except reseting the print server and see if it starts back up. Ours will actually (after a period of time in timeout) show a red alarm status.

Collapse -

by Steve Penn In reply to HP Deskjet 990CXi over TC ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by coscollu In reply to HP Deskjet 990CXi over TC ...

We have been using HP TCPIP printing in an NT environemnt and we are not experiencing your problem. Of course our print servers are HP JetDirects. The newer HP Jetdirects even supports http printing. Only problem with http printing is that only one print request is supprted at a given time.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by dlafrombois In reply to HP Deskjet 990CXi over TC ...

Unfortunately, I have ot answer for your problem at this time. Howeber, I believe I am experiencing a similar problem as yours and Respondant #1. We have a Netport Pro 100 3 port. It will work for a while, then decide to quit for a while. It will either start printing or a reset is needed. We loose all Ping capability with this box. We use this box over a T1 WAN so it is slower compared to the the 10/100 speeds of the box.

If you get an answer, please let me know.

dlafrombois@billingsclinic.org

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)