Question

• Creator
    Topic

HP proliant DL 380 G3

by curacao_dejavu ·

at the booting of the servers there are 2 issues.

1 it does not detect a cpu (I guess minor issue, since I have spare cpu’s also)

2 most problematic, it seems that the server detects the 1024Gb memory in the system (top left hand of the screen), but then it wants to check the memory 1 Byte at the time. The top right screens starts with a counter that that increase every 1-2 with 1. I can only guess thats for the memory.

However I did change the memory with 4x512M known good workings ones, but I am still seeing the same things.

any idea what’s going on ?

Leopold

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by curacao_dejavu ·

In reply to HP proliant DL 380 G3

Clarifications

Wrong ram?

by robo_dev ·

In reply to HP proliant DL 380 G3

Compaq servers, in my experience, are very picky about ECC versus non-ECC RAM. Assuming that the RAM is precisely the corrrect spec for the machine, then I would make sure it’s properly seated and try it with some combination of your memory sticks to see if one is faulty.

I know that some MOBOs do not actually support the use of four memory sticks, as either two of the slots are one type, and two are another, or the RAM is being used in dual-channel mode. one or the other is true in your case if 2GB of RAM is reported as 1GB.

Viewing 1 reply thread